Track Nation Next on Social Media
Nation Next

Politics

Vikas Thakre calls for action against Satish Chaturvedi; Thakre has lost his mental balance, says Chaturvedi

Vikas Thakre
Vikas Thakre (left) and Satish Chaturvedi (right)

Just when all the political parties are busy chalking out their plans for 2019 elections, Congress’ Nagpur unit is spectating yet another outbreak of fisticuffs between its two senior leaders. Nagpur Congress Chief Vikas Thakre has submitted his report to Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on the enquiry he held against senior Congress leader and former minister in Congress-NCP Government in Maharashtra Dr Satish Chaturvedi for allegedly carrying out anti-party? activities and promoting factionalism during the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) elections, which were held in February 2017.

When Nation Next asked Thakre about his enquiry report, he confirmed that he had sent a report to MPCC. “I can’t divulge much about the report. All I can say is that I’ve updated my seniors about the whole issue and now they will take a final call in the best interest of the party,” said Thakre.

For the uninitiated, Thakre had served Chaturvedi a show cause notice on Sunday (January 28, 2018) for allegedly promoting ?groupism? and carrying out anti-party activities during the NMC elections in 2017. As per our sources within the party, after Chaturvedi didn’t respond to the show cause notice sent to him by Thakre, the latter held a swift inquiry, in which he sought details from the other city leaders of the party about the said allegations levelled against Chaturvedi.

Also read: Reluctance to resilience: Kya Pappu pass ho gaya?

When Nation Next sought Chaturvedi’s response on having been served a show cause notice by Thakre, Chaturvedi lashed out at the Congress city chief, saying that Thakre had lost his mental balance.

Nagpur Congress elections stand nullified, said Chaturvedi, questioning Thakres authority of serving him a show cause notice. “Just leave him! Vikas Thakre is no more the city president of Congress party. He has no right to send me a show cause notice. It’s the All India Congress Committees (AICC) head Rahul Gandhi’s prerogative to question me. I’m answerable only to him. Thakre is behaving like mad just to gain publicity. He has no power to hold any enquiry against me,” said Chaturvedi.

Coming down heavily upon Thakre, Chaturvedi said, Thakre claims that hes acted as per MPCC chief Ashok Chavans directions. Ask him to show us Chavans letter, which mentions that I should be served with a show cause notice. This is a fraudulent move. How can a petty man like Vikas Thakre give me a show cause notice? If Ashok Chavan has given Thakre so-called written directions, where are those? I want him to show the letter to us. It’s Thakres frustrated and desperate and that’s why hes doing all this. Also, because we stopped him from assigning delegates during the NMC elections last year, he lost his mental balance. First, he should take an action against 17 corporators, against whom he had served a show cause notice earlier.”

Also read: Modi asked me to not to raise separate Vidarbha issue: Nana Patole

When asked about the allegations against him of promoting ?groupism? and supporting rival parties in NMC elections last year, Chaturvedi said, “Just because Thakre is saying something, it doesn’t mean it’s true.”

Responding to Chaturvedi’s scathing attack, Thakre quipped, “Yes, I’m mad! Bearing with this nonsense. But not any more… Satish Chaturvedi had submitted a list of the people (to MPCC), to whom he wanted to field in for NMC elections in 2017. Just because they didn’t get tickets, Chaturvedi made those people contest the elections independently. He also campaigned for them. So, Congress candidates in NMC elections filed complaints against him. It was everywhere in the news. Then, All India Congress Committee (AICC) directed the MPCC, which, in turn, instructed the District Congress Committee Chief (myself) to take an action on the issue. Chaturvedi himself seems to have lost his mental balance.”

Thakre sarcastically said that he didn’t need to explain his position to Chaturvedi in this case. In fact, Chaturvedi doesn’t have such a positioning in the party to question me. He’s just a former minister and former MLA. He is nobody today and I am the president of the city unit. It doesn’t make sense if he keeps telling the people about how big a man he is! However, we’d given him a timeframe of seven days to reply to the show cause notice. After he failed to do so, I updated my senior colleagues in MPCC about the same. Now, the party will decide the future course of action to be taken against him. He?ll then understand everything.”

As factionalism in Nagpur Congress has cost the party dearly in many elections over the years, these in fights have been a cause of concern for the senior leaders of the party. In a recent interview to Nation Next, former Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan categorically stated his exasperation on the in fights, saying that the party should take stern action against the erring local leaders.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Nagpur News

17 doctors perform 52 surgeries in RCNV’s noble initiative to provide health care to tribes of Melghat

Published

on

By

Avani Arya | Nagpur

A planning initiated by Dr Rajesh Singhvi, culminated into a great noble service, in association with MAHAN Trust at Melghat on January 28 and 29. A team of 17 doctors performed 52 surgeries out of which 32 were major surgeries.

Director Medical Rtn Rupeshri Bhoyar worked relentlessly to coordinate and motivate the team of doctors. Dr Ashish and Kavita Satav along with their team at the hospital extended their complete logistics and infrastructure support.

The icing on the cake were non medical activities for the children at the village. Various sports activities, distribution of Sarees sponsored by Rt.ann Sneha Parikh , the prizes to the winning teams and goodie bags to all the children was an added attraction. The children enthralled the audience with their talents at the games like Kabaddi, Kho Kho and Volleyball. Director Community Service Rtn Sandeep Duragkar coordinated the same.

Under the able leadership of President Rtn Shivani Sule with the support of Secretary Rtn Ritika Singhvi RCNV achieved another milestone with the Melghat Camp. Forever generous Rtn Aarouni Verma, Rtn Farnberg Bharucha, Rtn Swati Belkhade, Rtn Madhumati Dhawad, Chirag Singhvi and Rtn Jaishree Chhabrani were also present.

Also Read: Former T20 World Cup captain Gurudas Raut inaugurates DPS MIHAN’s President’s Cup | Nagpur

Continue Reading

Nagpur News

Former T20 World Cup captain Gurudas Raut inaugurates DPS MIHAN’s President’s Cup | Nagpur

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Nagpur

The second edition of prestigious President’s Cup in Tennis Ball cricket was held in the sprawling campus of Delhi Public School MIHAN from January 27 to January 30, 2023.

2019 T20 World Cup captain Gurudas Raut was present as Chief Guest and inaugurated the event. The tournament is played on IPL format on knockout basis in which 6 teams participated comprising of students from various schools.

Indian cricketer Faiz Fazal, an Indian cricketer was present as a Chief Guest for closing ceremony. Sanjay Badkas, Secretary, VCA Nagpur and C.D. Manke, Joint Secretary and Chairman of Ground Committee of VCA Nagpur was also present on this occasion as Guests of Honor.

The finals was played between Galaxy Racers and Marvels. Galaxy Racers won the final by defeating Marvels by 11 runs and lifted the President’s Cup 2.0. Aryan Suke of Team Phoenix was awarded the Aranya Kedia Trophy for the player of the Tournament.

Faiz Fazal in his speech, appreciated the efforts taken by Delhi Public School MIHAN by organising the President’s Cup and providing facilities for the development of sports.

Nidhi Yadav, Principal DPS MIHAN highlighted the vision of President and Pro Vice Chairperson Ms. Tulika Kedia who ensures the best of sporting facilities are provided to the students for holistic education and for psycho-socio development. She also thanked the Director Savita Jaiswal for her constant guidance and support.

As a part of this event, Inter Corporate Cricket Tournament was also organised in which eight teams from different corporate sectors participated. Dr Amit Samarth, the Bicycle Mayor of Nagpur graced the occasion as Chief Guest and handed over the trophy to the winning team.

Also Read: President’s Cup 2.0 kickstarts at DPS MIHAN in Nagpur

Continue Reading

Nagpur News

12-yr-old Nagpur boy dies after trying to imitate a deadly YouTube video

Published

on

By

Avani Arya | Nagpur

A 12-year-old boy named Agranya Barapatre in Nagpur breathed his last after trying to imitate a video on YouTube at his neighbour’s place. The woman, in the video, is seen demonstrating how she escaped with her hands tied behind, gagged and face covered with scarves. He was found hanging from a wooden ladder’s stick on the neighbour’s terrace but there was no knot on the scarf. 

Upon inspection, it was learnt that Agranya had downloaded a video titled ‘Full face cover challenge’ in his phone. Cops said that there was no reason for the teenager to commit suicide but the possibility of an accident could not be ruled out.

Arangya’s mother said the couple had no clue where the scarf came from; he only carried a chakri and a kite. She also revealed that her son usually played on their neighbour’s terrace

Reportedly, Agranya was undergoing a psychiatric treatment as he was a hyperactive kid who wasn’t attentive in studies. He was good with using phones and application so his family tried to keep the phone away from him. However, he would somehow always locate the phone. 

Agranya, the only child to his parents, was supposed to be felicitated at his school on Thursday during Republic Day for securing second position at a double-lathi event at the third National Traditional Lathi Sports Championship in Indore.

Post the incident, he was rushed to Government Medical College but was declared dead. Sakkardara Police registered a case of accident death.

Also Read: President’s Cup 2.0 kickstarts at DPS MIHAN in Nagpur

Continue Reading
Advertisement
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x