Track Nation Next on Social Media
Nation Next

Crime

Uttar Pradesh journalist shot dead, family denies polices claim of property dispute

Ratan Singh

Ratan Singh

A 42-year-old TV journalist, Ratan Singh, was chased and shot dead at around 9 pm on August 24, at Kehtna village in Fefna area of Ballia district in Uttar Pradesh allegedly over a property dispute, police informed. 

According to a PTI report, four accused, identified as ? Dinesh Singh, Arvind Singh, Suneel Singh and Moti Singh ? have been arrested in connection. 

Singh was a local journalist, who worked for a Hindi news channel. Police said that he was allegedly beaten before getting shot inside the village heads residence, which is around 700 metres from the deceaseds house.

However, Singh’s father, Binod Singh denied the property dispute claim by police. There was no property dispute. Please go to the spot and see for yourself. The police is spinning the story, he said in a statement.

According to the police, the victim lived in a house in the urban area of the district. His family had been involved in a property dispute with the accused over a house in his village for past few years.

On Monday night, Singh had gone to his village for the same when he was chased and shot dead. Police have claimed that he was trying to escape his attackers when he was caught in the gunfire.

Subash Dubey, Deputy Inspector General, Azamgarh Range told reporters, The accused had built a wall around the property and placed a haystack on the land to stake claim, which Ratan Singh had removed it. A fight broke out over the matter and the journalist was attacked. He died on the spot. Police have arrested the accused.

He further stated that property dispute and old enmity are believed to be the reasons behind the attack.

I must state again the attack had nothing to do with the fact the man was a journalist, the Deputy Inspector General added. 

Expressing his condolences and directing all possible actions to be taken against the accused, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh for the deceaseds family.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Nagpur News

12-yr-old Nagpur boy dies after trying to imitate a deadly YouTube video

Published

on

By

Avani Arya | Nagpur

A 12-year-old boy named Agranya Barapatre in Nagpur breathed his last after trying to imitate a video on YouTube at his neighbour’s place. The woman, in the video, is seen demonstrating how she escaped with her hands tied behind, gagged and face covered with scarves. He was found hanging from a wooden ladder’s stick on the neighbour’s terrace but there was no knot on the scarf. 

Upon inspection, it was learnt that Agranya had downloaded a video titled ‘Full face cover challenge’ in his phone. Cops said that there was no reason for the teenager to commit suicide but the possibility of an accident could not be ruled out.

Arangya’s mother said the couple had no clue where the scarf came from; he only carried a chakri and a kite. She also revealed that her son usually played on their neighbour’s terrace

Reportedly, Agranya was undergoing a psychiatric treatment as he was a hyperactive kid who wasn’t attentive in studies. He was good with using phones and application so his family tried to keep the phone away from him. However, he would somehow always locate the phone. 

Agranya, the only child to his parents, was supposed to be felicitated at his school on Thursday during Republic Day for securing second position at a double-lathi event at the third National Traditional Lathi Sports Championship in Indore.

Post the incident, he was rushed to Government Medical College but was declared dead. Sakkardara Police registered a case of accident death.

Also Read: President’s Cup 2.0 kickstarts at DPS MIHAN in Nagpur

Continue Reading

Nagpur News

President’s Cup 2.0 kickstarts at DPS MIHAN in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Achalpur

The second edition of President’s Cup for Tennis Ball and Cricket was held in the sprawling campus of DPS MIHAN.

The second edition of the President’s Cup for Tennis Ball and Cricket was held in the sprawling campus of Delhi Public School (DPS MIHAN) on Friday, January 27. Gurudas Raut, a differently-abled international cricket player, captain of T20 World Cup 2019 and a recipient of many awards instituted by BCCI, ICC and VCA graced the occasion as Chief Guest and inaugurated the event. Janak Shahu, Secretary, Physically Challenged Cricket Association was also present on this occasion. 

The second edition of President’s Cup for Tennis Ball and Cricket was held in the sprawling campus of DPS MIHAN.

Nidhi Yadav Principal at DPS MIHAN welcomed the guests by presenting saplings, which is the tradition of the school. In her welcome address, she highlighted the vision of President and Pro Vice Chairperson Tulika Kedia who ensures the best of sporting facilities are provided to the students for holistic education and for psycho- socio development. 

The second edition of President’s Cup for Tennis Ball and Cricket was held in the sprawling campus of DPS MIHAN.

She also thanked the Director Savita Jaiswal for her constant guidance and support. She expressed her gratitude for the benign presence of Raut to motivate the young players befitting to the occasion. She emphasized that he is a perfect role model for the budding cricketers. 

The second edition of President’s Cup for Tennis Ball and Cricket was held in the sprawling campus of DPS MIHAN.

Raut in his speech, appreciated the sporting facilities and encouragement given by the school for the development of sporting culture amongst the students. He emphasized that one should explore opportunities and believe in oneself to achieve one’s goal. He mentioned that with will power he could pursue cricket and achieve laurels at national and international level inspite of his limitations. 

In this edition, six teams are competing for the coveted President’s Cup. The finals will be held on Monday 30th January 2023. 

Also read: Rotary Club of Nagpur Vision organises kidathon, 4000 children participate

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Naatu Naatu composer MM Keeravani is a great musician; just that he’s underrated: AR Rahman

Published

on

By

Elina Nayak | India

AR Rahman

SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’ has been making news for the past few weeks. Be it winning Golden Globe for the song ‘Naatu Naatu’ or being nominated for Oscars 2023, composer MM Keeravani is a national name now. The Oscar-Golden Globe-Grammy awards winner, AR Rahman said, spoke about MM Keeravani in a recent interview.

Expressing that Keeravani is ‘underrated’, he said, “You know what? MM Keeravani is a great composer, it’s just that he’s underrated. And I’m not sure if it’s true, Keeravani wanted to quit music in 2015 and retire. In fact, that’s when his career had actually started. And everyone noticed it. I believe when someone thinks their life is over, that’s when your life starts. You just need to live. I even tell my kids the same, ‘that gentleman (Keeravani), who’s been in the industry for 35 years, wanted to quit so early when his career actually started at that point.” 

This video of Rahman’s interview about Keeravani has been appreciated on social media. And many users have also praised him for his positive and inspirational statements. Moreover, Keeravani will be conferred with Padma Shri this year, who once thought of quitting and wanted to retire in 2015. 

Also read: To complete my film ‘Emergency’, I mortgaged every single thing I owned: Kangana Ranaut

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x