Ministry of Home Affairs, on July 29 as part of Unlock 3 (third phase of lifting COVID-19 related restrictions across India), allowed gymnasiums and yoga centres (outside containment zones) to operate from August 5 and issued guidelines for the same. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) will be issuing SOPs with respect to COVID-19 related to gyms and yoga centres soon.
Some other important features of the guidelines are:
- Restrictions on movement of individuals during night (Night curfew)have been removed
- Independence Day functions will be allowed with social distancing and by following other health protocols, eg. wearing of masks etc. In this regard instructions issued by MHA on 21.07.2020 shall be followed
- International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat Mission. Further opening up will take place in a calibrated manner.
All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones:i. Metro Railii. Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar placesiii. Social politics sports entertainment academic cultural religious functions and other large congregationsDates for opening of these will be decided separately, based on the assessment of the situation.
- Lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till 31 August, 2020. Containment Zones are required to be carefully demarcated by the State UT Governments with a view to contain the spread of COVID-19, after taking into consideration the guidelines issued by MOHFW. Within the containment zones, strict perimeter control shall be maintained and only essential activities allowed.
- These Containment Zones will be notified on the websites of the respective District Collectors and by the States UTs and information will also be shared with MOHFW.
- Activities in the Containment Zones shall be monitored strictly by State and UT authorities, and the guidelines relating to containment measure in these zones shall be strictly implemented
MOHFW will monitor the proper delineation of Containment Zones and implementation of the containment measuresStates to decide on activities outside Containment ZonesStates and UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain activities outside the Containment zones, or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary. However, there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No separate permission approval e-permit will be required for such movements.Also read : TN Governor Banwarilal Purohit isolates self as staffers at Raj Bhavan tests COVID-19 positiveNational Directives for COVID-19 managementNational Directives for COVID-19 management shall continue to be followed throughout the country, with a view to ensure social distancing Shops will need to maintain adequate physical distancing among customers. MHA will monitor the effective implementation of National Directives.Protection for vulnerable personsVulnerable persons, or, persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years, are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.Use of Aarogya SetuThe use of Aarogya Setu mobile application will continue to be encouraged.
Purva Kothari’s jewellery collection sparkles at ‘Intrea’ exhibition in Nagpur
Amid festivities, jewellery designer Purva Kothari conducted a two-day exhibition of diamond studded jewellery at Jawaharlal Darda Art Gallery in Nagpur on October 1 and 2.
Purva, in the past, has enticed celebrities including Director at Reliance Industries Nita Ambani, Varsha Patel wife of former minister Praful Patel, Founder at Videocon Venugopal Dhoot, Founder Chairman at GMR Group GM Rao and endorsements from Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Saina Nehwal, to name a few.
Also watch: All you need to know about diamonds, jewellery | Interview with designer Purva Darda Kothari
September 30, 2022 | Nagpur News | नागपुर समाचार | Hindi News Bulletin | Nation Next
Shashi Tharoor is capable of bringing Congress back in power, says Congress leader Ashish Deshmukh
Former MLA and Member of Parliamentary Board, MPCC Dr Ashish Deshmukh speaking about the nomination filed by Congress MP Shashi Tharoor for the post of Congress President on Friday, said, “Dr Shashi Tharoor is a popular Congress MP who has done remarkable work for the nation at the international level. It’s very welcoming thing that the election of Congress President is being done in a democratic manner. This is an important step for decentralisation in the party and the future of Congress is bright. Soniaji and Rahulji Gandhi contributed a lot to strengthen the party.”
Congress leader Deshmukh added, “This is an important step taken by the Congress elites for the elections in a democratic manner so that the party can take a higher flight. Dr Shashi Tharoor has cordial relations with everyone in the party; he has the ability to give a new direction to the party. I believe that he will be able to handle the responsibility of bringing the Congress to power in the country by taking the party forward with new strength. If he seriously deals with issues like unemployment, industry, agriculture, inflation then Congress will have fruitful days. By doing transparent politics, he will definitely convey the thought of Congress to the people at the grassroots level. If you want a rejuvenated, bigger and dynamic Congress party, Dr. Shashi Tharoor is the right candidate. He has the open support of Congress delegates in 12 states and is getting the support of Congress leaders and activists from all over India. He will be elected for sure.”
Deshmukh informed that Tharoor would be visiting Nagpur on October 1 and 2 to hear out all thoughts of Congress delegates.