Connect with us

National News Politics

Twitter permanently suspends Trumps account, silences campaign account for ‘incitement of violence’

Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Twitter Inc on Friday deleted new tweets posted by Donald Trump on official government account POTUS and suspended the account of his presidential campaign, after permanently booting his personal account off the social media platform. 

 

 

Citing risk of further incitement of violence? following the US Capitol violence on Wednesday, the US President vowed that he and his support base would not be silenced. We will not be SILENCED!, tweeted Trump and went on to accuse Twitter for silencing him.

 

 

Trump, in a statement hours after he was permanently banned from Twitter, said, I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future.

 

 

Indicating and announcement in this regard is forthcoming, Trump said, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me…Twitter may be a private company, but without the government’s gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long.

 

 

 

After the President was muted son Donald Trump Jr took to Twitter to call the platform’s move absolute insanity. He further added, the ayatollah, and numerous other dictatorial regimes can have Twitter accounts with no issue despite threatening genocide to entire countries and killing homosexuals etc.

 

 

In a blog post, Twitter explained that the suspension was based on factors such as evidence that plans for future armed protests were proliferating on and off the platform, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.

 

 

While The White House has released no direct comment, Trump campaigns Twitter account criticising the company for silencing? the President of United States.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Politics

Hardik Patel quits Congress, says no youngster is willing to work, vote; accuses leaders of ‘enjoying in abroad’

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Vadodara
Gujarat Working President Hardik Patel tendered his resignation from the Congress party today morning. Patel took to Twitter to announce his decision and shared an image of his resignation.
 
Patel said, “Big leaders of Congress in Gujarat are far away from issues of the state but are more focussed on ensuring that chicken sandwich for leaders who have come from Delhi is delivered on time!”
In the letter, he also said, “The party has constantly been working against the interests of the country and society.”

Hardik Patel’s letter to Congress President Sonia Gandhi

Continue Reading

Politics

BJP on course to retain power for 2nd straight term with CM Yogi Adityanath as CM again

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Lucknow

Yogi Adityanath

Yogi Adityanath

Early numbers reveal that the BJP has crossed the halfway mark with over 271 seats in Uttar Pradesh at 12:07 pm thus making its way to retain power for the second straight term in the state. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is all set to become the Chief Minister for the second time. 


While the BJP was leading in 271 seats, Samajwadi Party (SP) managed to secure 121 seats so far. The BSP has managed to secure five seats while Congress so far has four seats.

(With total 403 seats in UP, 202 is the halfway mark)

Continue Reading

Politics

Indian student killed during shelling in Ukraines Kharkiv

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Mumbai

Representational image

Representational image

An Indian student was killed during shelling in Ukraines Kharkiv on Tuesday morning, Ministry of External Affairs informed in the afternoon. The Ministry tweeted: ?With profound sorrow we confirm that an Indian student lost his life in shelling in Kharkiv this morning. The Ministry is in touch with his family. We convey our deepest condolences to the family.

In Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second largest city, videos showed extensive damage from the Russian military assault. One video showed the city’s largest government building blown up.

While the student is yet to be named by the MEA, sources in the Karnataka state government told The Quint that he had been identified as Naveen Shekhrappa, from Haveri district, Karnataka. The 21-year-old was a student of medicine at Kharkiv National Medical University.

The News Minute reported that Shekhrappa was standing in a queue at a supermarket in Kharkiv to buy food when Russian shelling began.



Continue Reading
Advertisement

Polls

How Is Nation Next New Site?

Loading ... Loading ...

Trending