Connect with us

Uncategorized

Supreme Court stays all FIRs against Arnab Goswami except for one filed in Nagpur by Nitin Raut

SC put a stay on all the FIRs lodged against Arnab Goswami except the one registered by Maharashtra Cabinet Minister for Energy Dr Nitin Raut in Nagpur.
Arnab Goswami

The Supreme Court of India (SC) immediately acted upon all the FIRs lodged against Editor-In-Chief at Republic TV Arnab Goswami in connection to the alleged defamation of Congress President Sonia Gandhi. The SC on Friday put a stay on all the FIRs lodged against Goswami a day before, except the one registered by Maharashtra Cabinet Minister for Energy Dr Nitin Raut at Nagpur’s Sadar Police Station. SC on Friday transferred the FIR lodged in Nagpur to Mumbai where it will be further investigated. SC also said no coercive action should be taken against Goswami for the next three weeks; so he has time to apply for anticipatory bail…. 

In a quick response to the petition filed by Arnab Goswami Editor-in-Chief, at Republic TV, Supreme Court today granted three weeks protection from arrest in relation to the FIRs filed against him for the alleged defamation of Congress President Sonia Gandhi. The Court also issued notice in the plea filed by Goswami seeking a stay on any action that may be taken against him on the basis of the FIRs.

Goswami, who had blamed Gandhi for orchestrating the Palghar lynching, had said Gandhi would send a report to Italy about the fact that she is getting Hindu saints killed in Palghar in Maharashtra. Goswami on his TV channel had said, Would Sonia Gandhi have been quiet if Muslim preachers or Christian saints had been killed instead of Hindu saints Shes quiet today, but I think she feels happy that Hindu saints were killed in a state where Congress has a stake in the government. She will send a report to Italy about the fact that she is getting Hindu saints killed in Maharashtra.

Local residents in Gadakchinchale village of Palghar district on the suspicion that they were thieves lynched three Mumbai residents, who were on their way to Silvassa on April 16. The men who were lynched were reportedly Hindu religious leaders.

The Bench of Justices Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud and MR Shah took up the matter for hearing through video conferencing after Goswami moved to the Supreme Court on Thursday seeking an ex parte stay on action against him based on multiple FIRs registered across various states. Goswami approached Apex Court a day after at least 16 complaints were filed against him for allegedly defaming Gandhi during one of his live debate programs on Palghar lynching. These complaints and FIRs have been lodged in the states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, and Chhattisgarh. Claiming it to be a witch-hunt, the founder of Republic TV claimed that the action against him by way of filing multiple complaints are ?orchestrated and malicious campaigns against him by a political party.

Goswami, who has been provided with a Y security by the government, claimed that two Youth Congress members hurled an attack on him and his wife at midnight. However, both escaped unhurt.

Watch what Goswami had to say about the attack that occurred in Mumbai.

 

Also read: Not a single Muslim among 101 accused arrested for Palghar mob lynching: Home Minister Anil Deshmukh 

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Uncategorized

Nitin Gadkari graces screening of ‘Me Vasantrao’ at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Photographer : Nitin Mankar | Photographer : Bhavesh Mahalle | Nagpur

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari graced the special screening of Marathi movie ‘Me Vasantrao’ – a movie based on the life of Hindustani classical singer and violinist Vasantrao Deshpande.

The screening was held at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur on Sunday evening in the presence family members, friends and the cast of the movie.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Mayor Dayashankari Tiwari kicks off polio drive in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Bombuflat

Nagpur Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari, on Sunday, launched Nagpur Municipal Corporation’s (NMC) door-to-door polio campaign drive. He, along with Deputy Mayor Manisha Dhawade visited Rognidan Centre in Mahal, Nagpur and inaugurated the campaign by giving polio drops to a toddler.
As per NMC officials, ten Zonal Medical Officers and Ten Health inspectors would visit every house in their respective zones, in order to vaccinate children between the ages of zero-five to immune them against polio.
NMC had recognised Sunday as the official day for polio vaccination. Under Polio Ravivar, they plan to vaccinate more than three lakh kids in Nagpur. They also urged Nagpurkars to vaccinate their children at pulse Polio Booths near their homes from 8 am- 5 pm, on Sunday.
NMC Standing Committee Chief, Corporator Vijay Zalke spoke to Nation Next regarding this campaign and said, This year’s polio drive is going to be bigger than last year. We are planning to vaccinate around 3- 3.15 lakh kids. NMC is bearing the cost of infrastructure and execution. The state government provided us with the doses.
He further stated that there were special teams to vaccinate the homeless during night. ?When it comes to the health of Nagpurkars, money is not a factor we should think about, said Zalke when asked about NMC’s current financial crunch.
As per Zalke, vaccination facility would also be available in slums,, factory areas and other outskirts of Nagpur.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Congress legislator caught watching porn in Karnataka Assembly

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Bombuflat

Congress leader Prakash Rathod, on Friday, was caught on camera while allegedly scrolling through few adult content clips in the State Assembly. This turned out to be a huge embarrassment for both, Congress and Rathod as regional channels aired the video, in which he was ?caught in the act.
The MLC member was present in the house during the proceedings of the legislative council. While the house was in session, Rathod was watching adult content on his smartphone.
However, he threw these charges under the bus and said, I was looking for materials for a question I wanted to ask the government in question hour.
?When I was looking for question material, I deleted too many messages as my phone storage was full. What the media has shown or seen, I don’t know. I would never do such things or see such things, he added.
This was not the first time in Karnataka that such an incident had happened. Back in 2012, three Bharatiya Janata Party ministers were caught on camera allegedly watching adult content in the State Assembly. Following the scandal, they resigned from the state government due to public embarrassment.

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x