Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
After the Central government on July 1, 2020 asked Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to vacate the official bungalow at 35 Lodhi Estate by month-end (July 2020), the Gandhi scion is all set to move out of the same. She would be temporarily moving to an apartment in DLF Aralia, Sector 42, Gurugram at Haryana.
As per reports, Priyanka has planned to reside in Gurugram for next few months, until her permanent residence is finalised. One of the shortlisted properties, which is located near Sujan Singh Park in New Delhi, can soon be the permanent residence of Vadra. The construction work for the residence in underway and is most likely to last for one or two months. Many of the belongings from Vadras official bungalow have been relocated to the Gurugram house and the security inspection process of the resi-dence has also been completed.
In November 2019, The Ministry of Home Affairs headed by Amit Shah had with-drawn the Special Protection Group (SPG) cover of Vadra along with brother Rahul Gandhi and mother Sonia Gandhi. Since then the family only continues to be under Z security by the CRPF. As per a letter by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, since Vadra does not have the facility of SPG protection anymore, she can’t reside in an official bungalow of the government.
Vadra would now be utilising her mother and Congress Interim Chief Sonia Gandhi’s New Delhi residence for political meetings post her shifting. In view of SPG security, Vadra was allocated the official bungalow since 1997.
But on July 1, the Central Government’s Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry issued her a notice to vacate the official bungalow.
Surprisingly, until now, no response has been recorded from Vadra but few leaders of the party labelled this move of Centre to be ?planned citing political revenge.
Rejecting all suggestions for extension of the notice period vis-à-vis the official bungalow, Vadra said that she would vacate the bungalow before the end of this month. As per reports, a source close to the Congress leader informed that the design and décor of the 23-year-old bungalow would remain intact.
September 30, 2022 | Nagpur News | नागपुर समाचार | Hindi News Bulletin | Nation Next
Shashi Tharoor is capable of bringing Congress back in power, says Congress leader Ashish Deshmukh
Former MLA and Member of Parliamentary Board, MPCC Dr Ashish Deshmukh speaking about the nomination filed by Congress MP Shashi Tharoor for the post of Congress President on Friday, said, “Dr Shashi Tharoor is a popular Congress MP who has done remarkable work for the nation at the international level. It’s very welcoming thing that the election of Congress President is being done in a democratic manner. This is an important step for decentralisation in the party and the future of Congress is bright. Soniaji and Rahulji Gandhi contributed a lot to strengthen the party.”
Congress leader Deshmukh added, “This is an important step taken by the Congress elites for the elections in a democratic manner so that the party can take a higher flight. Dr Shashi Tharoor has cordial relations with everyone in the party; he has the ability to give a new direction to the party. I believe that he will be able to handle the responsibility of bringing the Congress to power in the country by taking the party forward with new strength. If he seriously deals with issues like unemployment, industry, agriculture, inflation then Congress will have fruitful days. By doing transparent politics, he will definitely convey the thought of Congress to the people at the grassroots level. If you want a rejuvenated, bigger and dynamic Congress party, Dr. Shashi Tharoor is the right candidate. He has the open support of Congress delegates in 12 states and is getting the support of Congress leaders and activists from all over India. He will be elected for sure.”
Deshmukh informed that Tharoor would be visiting Nagpur on October 1 and 2 to hear out all thoughts of Congress delegates.
Nagpur citizens to revel The Raaas Garba next year!
Since The Raaas enchanted and enthralled Nagpur with its quality garba in its first year in 2018, the demand for encore has been reverberating the city. To cater to the huge public demand, the organisers of the king of garbas have decided to continue The Raaas next year on. Like its first year, The Raaas Garba will be presented to Nagpur in association with Nation Next in 2023. Mahesh Kukreja, the key organiser said, “Because of some reasons, we, earlier, thought of giving the event a break.”
He added, “Then COVID-19 struck the world. Now we plan to continue it from next year onwards. While I express my gratitude to Nagpurians to make the event a huge hit, I request the city’s garba revellers to not get fooled as a few garbas are falsely claiming to be The Raaas. We’ll be back next year for sure!”