On his 61st birthday, Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gakdari gave a gift to Delhi, for which he will always be remembered! Gadkari celebrated his birthday today with the inauguration of the Phase I of the grand Delhi-Meerut Expressway, which is India’s first 14-lane highway. The inauguration took place by the hands of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. With the inauguration, approximately nine km strectch of the expressway (from Nizamuddin Bridge in Delhi to UP border) has been partially opened to commuters.
Here are some salient features of the Delhi-Meerut Expressway!
– The nine km stretch which has been made accessible to commuters has been completed in a record time of 18 months against the deadline of 30 months. It took Rs 842 crore to complete the first phase of the expressway.
– The expressway project is spread across 82 kms and is being built to connect Delhi-NCR to Meerut, western Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Once complete, the expressway way will reduce the travelling time from Delhi to Meerut from 2.5 hours to just 45 minutes! The entire cost of the project, which is scheduled to be completed in March 2019, is Rs 7500 crores.
– Out of 82 kms of the solar powered expressway, around 28 kms will be a 14-laned while the remaining would be 6-lane expressway. The expressway would not only help decongest traffic in Delhi-NCR but will also reduce pollution.
– In the first phase, five flyovers, four underpasses, four foot-over bridges and two bridges across Yamuna have been made. After the completion the project, the structures, which will form a part of the expressway include: Five major bridges, 24 small bridges, three rail over bridges, 11 flyovers, 34 underpasses, four pedestrian underpasses and 74 service roads!
– The expressway has a 2.5-metre-wide cycle track on either side of the highway and a 1.5 metre wide footpath for pedestrians. The expressway will also have dedicated bicycle tracks on the 28 km stretch between Delhi and Dasna. As per a report, artists have also been roped in to paint and beautify the pillars and walls of underpasses of the newly built stretch of the expressway.
– The expressway will house vertical gardens with an aim to reduce pollution levels. In the first phase, a garden has been made at the Yamuna Bridge.
– The project has been divided into four phases: Nizamuddin Bridge to UP border (8.36 km), UP border to Dasna (19.28 km), Dasna to Hapur (22.27 km), Green-field alignment of Delhi-Meerut Expressway from Dasna to Meerut (31.78 km).
? Nitin Gadkari (@nitin_gadkari) May 27, 2018
RMBRCN celebrates Charter Presentation & Installation, Rina Sinha becomes Charter President
The Rotary Means Business chapter of Rotary Club Of Nagpur (RMBRCN) celebrated their Charter Presentation and Installation of Board on September 17, 2023 in a crisp official ceremony at Hotel Centre Point, Nagpur.
Rotary Means Business encourages Rotarians to support the success of their fellow Rotarians by doing business with them and by referring others to them.
Charter President Past President Rtn Rina Sinha presided over the ceremony. Renowned entrepreneur and Rotarian Aspi Bapuna, Chairman of Bapuna Group, was the Chief Guest and Rtn Namita Sharma, President of RCN, was the Guest of Honour.
The Board of Directors of RMBRCN include Rtn Navneet Jain, Vice President, Rtn Mohammed Master, Honorary Secretary, Rtn Sanjay Aggarwal Treasurer, Rtn Rakhi Bhatia Director Chapter Service, Rtn Rahul Shrivastava, Director Vocational Service, Dr Ruchi Choudhry, Director Membership Development, Ranjana Duseja, Director Attendance.
Past Rotary District Governor (PDG) Shabbir Shakir, Past Presidents- Bharat Goenka , Khushnoor Chugh, Sanjiv Chugh, Akhtar Parvez, Tejinder Singh Rawal, Alok Goenka, Jerestine Watchmaker, Sandeep Dhodapkar, Sanjay Arora, President RMB Nagpur, and Behram Patel and Amitabh Sinha were present.
President Rina Sinha informed that within a short period of its formation already 48 members representing various businesses have joined the chapter and the numbers are increasing . The Chapter has already crossed 5 crores of business amongst their members and RMB will further strengthen Rotary in membership growth and retention .
Chief Guest Rtn Aspi Bapuna lauded the chapter’s success and reiterated that its comfortable and safe to do business among fellow rotarians as all follow the Four Way Test of Rotary. Jerestine introduced President Rina. Aspi Bapuna presented the charter and installed President Rina Sinha . Rtn Namita congratulated the RMB chapter and informed that this is the new initiative at RCN.The Board was installed by Rina Sinha and all members were installed by the Past Presidents. An exclusive digital Monthly Magazine ‘Growth Engine’ was launched by Editor Niharika Chugh Vali.
Navneet Jain and Rahul Choudhry conducted the referral and thank you session where enthusiastic members informed about their successful business details. Nishchay Sinha launched the social media and MYRMB app which connects members to other chapters digitally, Treasurer Sanjay Agarwal gave treasurers report, Rtn Rakhi Bhatia managed the event. Rtn Parag Datey and Niharika were the Masters of Ceremony (MOCs). Secretary Mohammed Master proposed the formal Vote of Thanks .
Nitin Gadkari inaugurates double-decker electric bus availed for senior citizens in Nagpur
Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari, on Saturday, inaugurated the double-decker electric bus designed for senior citizens in Nagpur. The initiative has been undertaken in association with Ashok Leyland’s CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Committee and Jyeshtha Nagarik Pratishthan.
Executive President of Jyeshtha Nagarik Pratishthan Datta Meghe, Vice Chairman of Ashok Leyland Limited Yash Sachar, CEO of Switch Mobility Mahesh Babu, and other dignitaries were present during the inauguration.
“I am very thankful to Ashok Leyland’s electric vehicle arm ‘Switch Mobility’ for donating an electric bus for our senior citizens. The bus can hold a capacity of 65 people and will benefit a lot to disabled and senior citizens,” Gadkari said.
“We already have a green Electra bus available to us for the past five to six years. Krishna Reddy has taken the responsibility of repairing and providing air-conditioning to the bus, moreover, he is providing us with one additional bus. A Tata Motor bus will be arriving this month as well, giving us a total of four buses to operate. This will solve the issue of waiting list due to the lack of buses for senior citizens in the city.” he added.
With the help of these buses, senior citizens can avail the benefit of free trips to religious places like Ambhora, Adasa, Shegaon, Mahur, Dhapewada, and Kalamb.
Nagpur: Married man accused of girlfriend’s rape commits suicide on Facebook live
A 38-year-old married man named Manish alias Raj Yadav, on Sunday, committed suicide during a Facebook live-stream after allegedly being accused of rape by his girlfriend and her family in Nagpur.
During the live stream, Manish, who was married and a father to three children, stated that his 19-year-old girlfriend, Kajal, along with her family members demanded a sum of five lakh rupees and threatened to press charges of rape if he failed to do so.
On September 6, the situation became grave as the woman’s family accused him of eloping after Kajal went missing from her residence.
The deceased refused the claims of having any sexual relationship with the woman and identified her, her family, and a photo studio operator responsible for his condition. He, then, jumped into the river.
After the live video surfaced online, Kalamna Police launched a search operation and recovered the deceased’s body from the river. Four people have been detained in the case for questioning. Further investigation is underway.