Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Tuesday arrested Bollywood actor Rhea Chakraborty for procuring and consuming drugs.
On the third consecutive day of interrogation on September 8, Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) arrested Rhea Chakraborty, who is the prime accused in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case.
NCB has planned to seek a 14-day judicial custody of the actress, who will be produced before the court via video-conferencing at 7:30pm today.
As per reports, on day three of her interrogation, the actress admitted consumption of marijuana and other hard drugs. Chakraborty had earlier admitted ?procuring drugs along with her brother Showik, who was also arrested by NCB earlier.
As per the charges pressed against Rhea Chakraborty, here are what they mean and the punishment described as per law:
1. Section 8(c) of the NDPS Act states that produce, manufacture, possess, sell, purchase, transport, warehouse, use, consume, import inter-State, export inter-State, import into India, export from India or tranship any narcotic drug or psychotropic substance, except for medical or scientific purposes requires a license or permit by the concerned authorities. The aforementioned section of the NDPS Act also prohibits the cultivation of the cannabis plant and the production, possession, use, consumption, purchase, sale, transport, warehousing, import inter-State and export inter-State of ganja for any purpose.
2. Section 20(b) of the NDPS Act reads, “produces, manufactures, possesses, sells, purchases, transports, imports inter-State, exports inter-State or uses cannabis, shall be punishable.” The punishment under this section includes rigorous imprisonment for a term, which may extend to ten years and also includes a fine, which may extend to one lakh rupees.
3. Section 27(a) of NDPS Act pertains to the consumption of any narcotic drug or psychotropic substance. This particular section prescribes the punishment for a person consuming a narcotic drug or psychotropic substance that includes cocaine, morphine, diacetylmorphine or any other narcotic drug/psychotropic substance. The punishment states rigorous imprisonment for a term, which may extend to one year, or a fine may extend to twenty thousand rupees.
4. Section 28 of the NDPS Act provides for punishment for any offender slapped with the NDPS Act.
5. Section 29 of the NDPS Act lays out the Punishment for abetment and criminal conspiracy. It states that anyone who abets or is a party to a criminal conspiracy shall be punishable with the prescribed penalty provided for the offence.
Rhea Chakraborty is currently at Mumbai’s Sion Hospital for her medical checkup and has tested COVID-19 negative.
More details to follow.
And that’s how a film is made – Kantara shows the way! | Movie review
Social media is buzzing with one word today and that word is Kantara! Yes, another Kannada film after KGF that has caught the people’s fancy and how. In fact, this one goes a notch higher than KGF – because the film has been released only in Kannada with English subtitles and yet – the movie is capturing the hearts of people across India and the world.
From California, London and Berlin to cities across India, high praise is pouring in for the Rishab Shetty starrer and the actor-director’s Twitter feed is testimony to this. Ordinary cine-goers are putting screenshots of housefull bookings, sharing videos of people clapping and whistling in theatres and then profusely thanking the star for making this film.
So, what’s this film about? Kantara (which means forest in Sanskrit) stands out because it has powerful storytelling at its core. It is rooted in local folklore, has the right amount of action and adventure and comes with a social message too. Man versus nature, native customs and local politics, which spans three timelines and a climax that’s to die for, is what the film’s about. Add to this some superlative performances by the cast, a stellar background score by B Ajaneesh Loknath and mind-blowing cinematography by Arvind S Kashyap that serenades Karnataka’s rustic locales and you have what can be called the perfect recipe for a blockbuster film. Telling you more will just be a spoiler! So, what are you waiting for? Go watch!
October 01, 2022 | Nagpur News | नागपुर समाचार | Hindi News Bulletin | Nation Next
Nation Next Nagpur Bulletin brings to you a summary of major news events that took place in Nagpur on October 01, 2022.
Purva Kothari’s jewellery collection sparkles at ‘Intrea’ exhibition in Nagpur
Amid festivities, jewellery designer Purva Kothari conducted a two-day exhibition of diamond studded jewellery at Jawaharlal Darda Art Gallery in Nagpur on October 1 and 2.
Purva, in the past, has enticed celebrities including Director at Reliance Industries Nita Ambani, Varsha Patel wife of former minister Praful Patel, Founder at Videocon Venugopal Dhoot, Founder Chairman at GMR Group GM Rao and endorsements from Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Saina Nehwal, to name a few.
Also watch: All you need to know about diamonds, jewellery | Interview with designer Purva Darda Kothari