Connect with us

Uncategorized

Nagpurians protest after Congress leaders demand transfer of NMC Chief Tukaram Mundhe

Tukaram Mundhe



Congress leaders including Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Nana Patole and MLA for West Nagpur Vikas Thakre demanded the transfer of Nagpur Municipal Commissioner Tukaram Mundhe. As soon as various reports on social media of Mundhe getting transferred anytime soon surfaced, Nagpur residents started an online petition ‘People’s Confidence Motion’ on social media to show solidarity towards the NMC Chief. However, we couldn’t get Patole’s comments on the same as his phone was switched off. Apart from Congress leaders, Nagpur Mayor Sandip Joshi too had earlier lashed out at Mundhe.

When we spoke to Vikas Thakre, he said, More than transfer, I feel whatever issues we have against him, should be discussed in the Legislative Assembly; he should be punished.

Thakre further said, Before declaring an area as a containment zone in Nagpur, he should ensure hes providing facilities to the residents. He just deploys police outside the areas but what about their roles and responsibilities Is he providing the residents with ration? If people aren’t allowed to visit ATM, is there any mobile ATM? People are suffering great deal because of his attitude. Are we going to get scared of Mundhe and sit at home? He has to take into consideration every concerned persons opinion. Hes just washing his hands off his responsibility.

Soniya Pohare Patil, a homemaker from Nagpur, is of the opinion that Munde has proved himself to be an able administrator especially in COVID-19 pandemic. She said, His vigilant attitude towards every alarming situation has certainly helped Nagpur stay safe especially for mothers like me. His skill to trace chain of positive patients is commendable. Hes been proactive in making quarantine centres ready at the right time. His discipline speaks volumes about his attitude and work ethics. His transfer will only topple a steady structure; not to forget, it will create panic among residents. Moreover, his ability to not to succumb to any political pressure makes him respect worthy.

Shailaja Prasad, who runs Rags Boutique in Nagpur, said, I’m grateful to Mundhe for ensuring we don’t become another Mumbai or Pune vis-à-vis number of COVID-19 cases; hes the right person to tackle this pandemic. Though my staff did face financial difficulties during lockdown, but they still feel Mundhe did the right thing. He ensured there was a complete shutdown. No two ways about it; he has saved us, for sure!

Nagpur businessman Rahul Gupta said, I don’t think he should be transferred. I’ve met him a couple times; he comes across sincere. Moreover, if hes transferred, it will lead to huge panic among residents. People have to realise hes been relentlessly working since months. A lot of planning and hard work has gone into the controlling the COVID-19 situation in Nagpur. We’ve seen results; waiting for more!

Also read: Panic spreads after party in Civil Lines with COVID-19 positives family member sparks rumours

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Uncategorized

Nitin Gadkari graces screening of ‘Me Vasantrao’ at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Photographer : Nitin Mankar | Photographer : Bhavesh Mahalle | Nagpur

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari graced the special screening of Marathi movie ‘Me Vasantrao’ – a movie based on the life of Hindustani classical singer and violinist Vasantrao Deshpande.

The screening was held at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur on Sunday evening in the presence family members, friends and the cast of the movie.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Mayor Dayashankari Tiwari kicks off polio drive in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Bombuflat

Nagpur Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari, on Sunday, launched Nagpur Municipal Corporation’s (NMC) door-to-door polio campaign drive. He, along with Deputy Mayor Manisha Dhawade visited Rognidan Centre in Mahal, Nagpur and inaugurated the campaign by giving polio drops to a toddler.
As per NMC officials, ten Zonal Medical Officers and Ten Health inspectors would visit every house in their respective zones, in order to vaccinate children between the ages of zero-five to immune them against polio.
NMC had recognised Sunday as the official day for polio vaccination. Under Polio Ravivar, they plan to vaccinate more than three lakh kids in Nagpur. They also urged Nagpurkars to vaccinate their children at pulse Polio Booths near their homes from 8 am- 5 pm, on Sunday.
NMC Standing Committee Chief, Corporator Vijay Zalke spoke to Nation Next regarding this campaign and said, This year’s polio drive is going to be bigger than last year. We are planning to vaccinate around 3- 3.15 lakh kids. NMC is bearing the cost of infrastructure and execution. The state government provided us with the doses.
He further stated that there were special teams to vaccinate the homeless during night. ?When it comes to the health of Nagpurkars, money is not a factor we should think about, said Zalke when asked about NMC’s current financial crunch.
As per Zalke, vaccination facility would also be available in slums,, factory areas and other outskirts of Nagpur.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Congress legislator caught watching porn in Karnataka Assembly

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Bombuflat

Congress leader Prakash Rathod, on Friday, was caught on camera while allegedly scrolling through few adult content clips in the State Assembly. This turned out to be a huge embarrassment for both, Congress and Rathod as regional channels aired the video, in which he was ?caught in the act.
The MLC member was present in the house during the proceedings of the legislative council. While the house was in session, Rathod was watching adult content on his smartphone.
However, he threw these charges under the bus and said, I was looking for materials for a question I wanted to ask the government in question hour.
?When I was looking for question material, I deleted too many messages as my phone storage was full. What the media has shown or seen, I don’t know. I would never do such things or see such things, he added.
This was not the first time in Karnataka that such an incident had happened. Back in 2012, three Bharatiya Janata Party ministers were caught on camera allegedly watching adult content in the State Assembly. Following the scandal, they resigned from the state government due to public embarrassment.

Continue Reading

Trending