Dr Tulika Arbat from Nagpur is an MD in dermatology. She has specialised in Aesthetic Dermatology and has received training in Lasers from Paris, France.
The trick to making and keeping a New Year’s resolution is to break it down into easy-to-achieve steps. Keeping your skin healthy and glowing is definitely a series of steps. If a great complexion and healthy skin is one of your goals this year, follow these simple skin care resolutions for success:
- Apply sunscreen daily,even when it is cloudy. Harmful ultra violet (UV) rays can penetrate your skin and cause damage on cloudy days too. Not only can wearing sunscreen helps protect your skin against sunburn, it also help prevent premature signs of aging ? wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
- Apply moisturiserwhen straight after the shower. Damp skin is most receptive to a moisturising lotions healing and moisturising properties. Moisturising your skin regularly helps in maintining the defense.
- Exfoliate regularly. Getting rid of dead skin cells keeps your skin looking fresh and bright. But be careful not to overdo it, especially in the drier winter months. Once or twice a week is plenty.
- Remove makeup at night. Take time for a thorough cleansing before bedtime. The skin needs to breathe overnight. And makeup prevents that as leaving it overnight clogs the pores, which may cause blemishes or blackheads.
- Don’t touch your face and stop picking at spots. Although it might tend to alleviate stress, but picking spots only makes them worse. Try your hardest to resist, and you’ll quickly see results.
- Avoid stress – Take out time for yourself and try to avoid stress as much as possible. Have you ever noticed that when you are stressed, you tend to have more breakouts. This is because stress causes your body to produce cortisol and other hormones, making the skin more oily. Practice stress management techniques like breathing exercises,yoga and meditation.
- Exercise regularly. Running, jogging andyoga will give your body the necessary blood circulation, and also accelerate the cleansing process of your entire body. You will notice a glow on your face after working out.
- Try to sleep at least eight hours every night. If you don’t get enough sleep, your skin gets tired just like you – it sags and you get bags. Good sleep is a secret behind good glowing skin.
- Drink plenty water. Dehydration can not only take its toll on your body, but it can cause your skin to appear dull and pale. People who tend to drink plenty water have a glowing skin.
- Maintain good health habits. Remember, the overall state of your health shows up on your skin. Get enough sleep, eat right and exercise regularly for vibrant-looking skin.
- Fix a yearly skin checkup with your dermatologist. Skin problems are treatable and curable when detected early. Perform monthly self-exams and keep an eye for suspicious looking moles and other irregularities.
The ideas and information expressed are solely by the columnist and not by Nation Next.
September 30, 2022 | Nagpur News | नागपुर समाचार | Hindi News Bulletin | Nation Next
Shashi Tharoor is capable of bringing Congress back in power, says Congress leader Ashish Deshmukh
Former MLA and Member of Parliamentary Board, MPCC Dr Ashish Deshmukh speaking about the nomination filed by Congress MP Shashi Tharoor for the post of Congress President on Friday, said, “Dr Shashi Tharoor is a popular Congress MP who has done remarkable work for the nation at the international level. It’s very welcoming thing that the election of Congress President is being done in a democratic manner. This is an important step for decentralisation in the party and the future of Congress is bright. Soniaji and Rahulji Gandhi contributed a lot to strengthen the party.”
Congress leader Deshmukh added, “This is an important step taken by the Congress elites for the elections in a democratic manner so that the party can take a higher flight. Dr Shashi Tharoor has cordial relations with everyone in the party; he has the ability to give a new direction to the party. I believe that he will be able to handle the responsibility of bringing the Congress to power in the country by taking the party forward with new strength. If he seriously deals with issues like unemployment, industry, agriculture, inflation then Congress will have fruitful days. By doing transparent politics, he will definitely convey the thought of Congress to the people at the grassroots level. If you want a rejuvenated, bigger and dynamic Congress party, Dr. Shashi Tharoor is the right candidate. He has the open support of Congress delegates in 12 states and is getting the support of Congress leaders and activists from all over India. He will be elected for sure.”
Deshmukh informed that Tharoor would be visiting Nagpur on October 1 and 2 to hear out all thoughts of Congress delegates.
Nagpur citizens to revel The Raaas Garba next year!
Since The Raaas enchanted and enthralled Nagpur with its quality garba in its first year in 2018, the demand for encore has been reverberating the city. To cater to the huge public demand, the organisers of the king of garbas have decided to continue The Raaas next year on. Like its first year, The Raaas Garba will be presented to Nagpur in association with Nation Next in 2023. Mahesh Kukreja, the key organiser said, “Because of some reasons, we, earlier, thought of giving the event a break.”
He added, “Then COVID-19 struck the world. Now we plan to continue it from next year onwards. While I express my gratitude to Nagpurians to make the event a huge hit, I request the city’s garba revellers to not get fooled as a few garbas are falsely claiming to be The Raaas. We’ll be back next year for sure!”