Track Nation Next on Social Media

Uncategorized

Loss of soldiers painful; nation will never forget their bravery, sacrifice: Defence Minster Rajnath Singh

After 20 Indian soldiers were killed at Galwan Valley, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said the loss of soldiers was ?deeply disturbing and painful.
Rajnath Singh

Nearly 24 hours after 20 Indian soldiers were killed at Ladakhs Galwan Valley, Defence Minister for India Rajnath Singh gave his first comment by saying the loss of soldiers was ?deeply disturbing and painful. The union minister also said that the nation would never forget their bravery and sacrifice. Interestingly, Singh, who didn’t mention or blame China for the incident in any of his tweets so far, made the remarks after the growing criticism over the perceived silence of Singh as well as Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in a tweet on Wednesday said why was the PM hiding and silent.

Following the rising tensions, India faced its first deadly clash with China in the last 45 years. Officials on Tuesday said that 20 Indian soldiers and 43 Chinese troops were killed in a clash at the Valley.

Singh on his twitter handle wrote, The Nation will never forget their bravery and sacrifice. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen soldiers. The nation stand shoulder to shoulder with them in this difficult hour. We are proud of the bravery and courage of India’s bravehearts.

He further mentioned, The loss of soldiers in Galwan is deeply disturbing and painful. Our soldiers displayed exemplary courage and valour in the line of duty and sacrificed their lives in the highest traditions of the Indian Army.

In a massive escalation in the middle of efforts to defuse weeks of tension at the border, three Indian soldiers, Colonel B Santosh Babu, Havildar Palani and Sepoy Ojha were killed during the ?violent face-off.

While both sides claimed that no bullets had been fired, the casualties reportedly occurred after an exchange of stones and batons. Being critically injured during the attacks, number of Indian soldiers succumbed to the wounds, said Indian officials.

After the attacks, China did not confirm any casualties, but accused India of crossing the border. Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said India had crossed the border twice on Monday, thus ?provoking and attacking Chinese personnel, resulting in serious physical confrontation between border forces on the two sides.

India’s External Affairs Ministry indicted China of trying to ?unilaterally change status quo? in the region. The foreign ministry said, India is very clear that all its activities are always within the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control. We expect the same of the Chinese side.

Following the list of events, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday evening. Defence Minister Rajnath along with Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat, the three military chiefs and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar briefed PM Modi about the situation.

Off late, China has been upset about the Indian construction of roads and airstrips in the area. Chinese military spokesperson colonel Zhang Shuili on Tuesday claimed the majority of the region to be China owned and said, China always owns sovereignty over the Galwan Valley region. This is the first violent incident involving fatalities since 1975 between India and China, who fought a border war in 1962.

Also read: Delhi businessman gets himself murdered to procure insurance money for family

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Nagpur News

Nagpur citizens to revel The Raaas Garba next year!

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Nagpur

The Raaas (2018)

Since The Raaas enchanted and enthralled Nagpur with its quality garba in its first year in 2018, the demand for encore has been reverberating the city. To cater to the huge public demand, the organisers of the king of garbas have decided to continue The Raaas next year on. Like its first year, The Raaas Garba will be presented to Nagpur in association with Nation Next in 2023. Mahesh Kukreja, the key organiser said, “Because of some reasons, we, earlier, thought of giving the event a break.”

He added, “Then COVID-19 struck the world. Now we plan to continue it from next year onwards. While I express my gratitude to Nagpurians to make the event a huge hit, I request the city’s garba revellers to not get fooled as a few garbas are falsely claiming to be The Raaas. We’ll be back next year for sure!”

Also read: Mesmerising sunset hues at Ramtek’s Ambala Lake in Nagpur

Continue Reading

Home Slider

Mesmerising sunset hues at Ramtek’s Ambala Lake in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Akshara Rohankar | Photographer : Bhavesh Mahalle | Nagpur

Ambala Lake in Ramtek city wore a dazzling look at the golden hour of sunset. The verdant surrounding of the lake flanked by the old and famous Shiv temple, lends a soothing and religious aura to the city known for its old heritage and mythological significance.

Also read: When Lata Mangeshkar got offended by Dilip Kumar and didn’t speak to him for 13 years

Continue Reading

Remembrance

Lata Mangeshkar’s 93rd birthday anniversary: Life story of ‘nightingale’

Published

on

By

Avani Arya | Nagpur

Today would have been late singer Lata Mangeshkar’s 93rd birthday. The ‘Queen of melody’ passed away on February 6, 2022. On her birth anniversary, Nation Next brings you her life story.

Also read: When Lata Mangeshkar got offended by Dilip Kumar and didn’t speak to him for 13 years

Continue Reading
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x