Track Nation Next on Social Media

Politics

Here’s what Sharad Pawar said on allegations by Param Bir Singh on Anil Deshmukh

NCP Chief Sharad Pawar

NCP Chief Sharad Pawar

NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Sunday held a press conference in Delhi regarding allegations by former Mumbai CP Param Bir Singh on Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh.

Sharad Pawar said:

– The timing of these allegations Deshmukh has to be looked into. Why now? Singh has made all these allegations after he was transferred

– Allegations against Deshmukh are serious. There were allegations that HM had directed police to collect 100 crore. There is no information on the actual transaction of money. No Information on any money being transferred to the Home Minister or his staff

Also read : Home Minister Anil Deshmukh to file defamation suit against former Mumbai CP Param Bir Singh

– It is true that Singh met me. We met regarding his impending transfer

– It was Singh who decided to reinstate Sachin Waze in police force last year

– It is the prerogative of the Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray to take appropriate decision to probe the allegations

– The decision on Deshmukhs resignation will be taken by CM, it is his decision. I will sit with him and discuss it with him

Also read : Sachin Waze case: Anil Deshmukh rubbishes 100 cr monthly extortion charges by Param Bir Singh

– I haven’t spoken to Congress or Shiv Sena leaders as of yet

– There will be no impact of this case on the MVA government

– We will speak with the legislative party chief and other leaders then we would take a decision on Deshmukh

– Would suggest CM Thackeray to seek former IPS officer Julio Ribeiro’s help for looking into claims by Singh

Param Bir Singh, in a letter to CM Thackeray on Saturday, said that Home Minister Deshmukh had asked sacked cop Sachin Waze to collect Rs 100 crore every month from different establishments. Deshmukh rubbished the allegations made by Singh while stating that Singh was trying to save himself as the involvement of Waze in Mukesh Ambani and Mansukh Hiren’s case had become clear. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Sports

Virat Kohli complains of losing his unboxed phone in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Former Indian skipper Virat Kohli took to twitter to inform netizens that he had lost his brand new unboxed phone in Nagpur on Tuesday.

Kohli, who is in the city for first test match against Australia on Thursday,  said, “Nothing beats the sad feeling of losing your new phone without even unboxing it  Has anyone seen it?”

Food delivery app Zomato was quick to respond by asking the ace cricketer to ‘feel free to order an ice cream from his wife and actor Anushka Sharma’s phone.’ 

The tweet read, “feel free to order ice cream from bhabhi’s phone if that will help.” However, many users anticipated Kohli’s tweet to be an advertisement for a brand.

Also read: Anil Deshmukh granted permission to travel outside Mumbai

Continue Reading

Legal

Anil Deshmukh granted permission to travel outside Mumbai

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Bombuflat
Bombay High Court rejected stay plea filed by CBI paving way for the release of ex-Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh.

Ex-Home Ministe Anil Deshmukh on Monday was granted permission to travel outside Mumbai for four weeks by a special court on Monday.

Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and former Home Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh on Monday was granted permission to travel outside Mumbai for four weeks by a special court on Monday. Deshmukh had sought permission to visit his constituency, which is also his hometown, Nagpur. 

The application was filed by Deshmukh through his lawyer, Inderpal Singh, stating that he is a native of Nagpur with deep family roots in the city apart from being an elected representative of his constituency. 

“The applicant craves a benevolent indulgence of this court to permit him to travel outside Greater Mumbai, including District Nagpur, for a limited duration of about four weeks so as to maintain continuity in his social and family ties and also visit his original and permanent home/constituency,” the plea stated.



The plea further added that “the applicant needs to have due legal consultation with his lawyers in New Delhi for further course of strategy in the present and connected cases.”

Also read: All 31 days in January 2023 in Nagpur observed to be polluted, reveals study

Continue Reading

Governance

Interesting facts you didn’t know about Union Budget | Must Read

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Bombuflat

 

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented Union Budget when she presented financial statements and tax proposals for fiscal year 2023-24.

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented her fifth straight Union Budget when she presented financial statements and tax proposals for fiscal year 2023-24.

Here are some lesser known facts about Union Budget…

The British government presented India’s first ever Union Budget on April 7, 1860.

The first budget of independent India was presented by country’s first Finance Minister RK Shanmukham Chetty on November 26, 1947.

Even though traditionally, the finance ministers present the budget, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi are the only Prime Ministers to have presented the Union Budget instead of Finance Ministers.

Until 1955, the Union Budget was presented in English. However, the Congress government then decided to print the Budget papers in both Hindi and English.

In 2019, Sitharaman became the second woman to table the budget after Indira Gandhi who presented the budget for the year 1970-71.

Earlier, the government tabled the rail budget separately for 92 years but since 2017, the rail budget was merged with the Union Budget.

Until 1999, the government tabled the Union Budget at 5 pm on the last working day of February as per British era practice but 

former Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha changed the timing to 11 am. Years after, late Finance Minister Arun Jaitely changed the budget presentation to February 1. 

There’s a customary event called the ‘halwa ceremony’ that is held every year ahead of the Union Budget. It is considered as a gesture of appreciation for all people who have worked on the Union Budget. 

To ensure the secrecy of the budget document, a lock-in process is followed – in which all the officials involved 

in preparing the Budget come out of Parliament’s North Block only after the Finance Minister has presented the budget.

In 2021, Sitharaman became the first to table paperless Union Budget.

Former Prime Minister Moraraji Desai holds the record of presenting 10 budgets as finance minister, which is the maximum so far.

Also read: Not a populist but a fiscal consolidation budget: CAMIT Chief Dr Dipen Agrawal

Watch the full video here:

Continue Reading
Advertisement
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x