Connect with us

Uncategorized

BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar named as accused in CBI chargesheet filed in Unnao gangrape case

The CBI, on Wednesday, named Uttar Pradesh BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar as an accused in the second chargesheet it filed in the Unnao gangrape case.
BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), on Wednesday, named Uttar Pradesh BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar as an accused in the second chargesheet it filed in the Unnao gangrape case. Sengar, who’s an MLA from Bangermau in Unnao and is currently lodged in Sitapur jail, is accused of raping a minor girl in June 2017, when the girl had gone to the MLAs place with a relative to seek a job. Along with Sengar, his accomplice Shashi Singh has also been named in the CBI chargesheet. Singh, as per the girl, allegedly guarded the room when the crime took place.

The incident, which took place last year came to light earlier this year when the girl tried to commit suicide outside UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanaths residence. The girl alleged that the police did not take action against Sengar in spite of her complaint. The nationwide anger made the state government hand over the case to CBI in April 2018.

Also read: Five men sodomise 17-year-old boy in Ghaziabad, film the horrific act

The CBI after taking over the case immediately lodged three separate FIRs. The first FIR is against the MLA for alleged rape, the second FIR pertains to the arrest of the girls father by Unnao Police for illegal possession of arms and the third FIR pertains to charges of assault on the girls father, who died in judicial custody after being allegedly beaten up by Sengars supporters.

The CBI, last week, had filed its first chargesheet in the case, in which it had named five accused, including Kuldeep Sengars brother Atul Singh Sengar, and charged them with the murder of the girls father.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Uncategorized

Nitin Gadkari graces screening of ‘Me Vasantrao’ at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Photographer : Nitin Mankar | Photographer : Bhavesh Mahalle | Nagpur

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari graced the special screening of Marathi movie ‘Me Vasantrao’ – a movie based on the life of Hindustani classical singer and violinist Vasantrao Deshpande.

The screening was held at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur on Sunday evening in the presence family members, friends and the cast of the movie.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Mayor Dayashankari Tiwari kicks off polio drive in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Bombuflat

Nagpur Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari, on Sunday, launched Nagpur Municipal Corporation’s (NMC) door-to-door polio campaign drive. He, along with Deputy Mayor Manisha Dhawade visited Rognidan Centre in Mahal, Nagpur and inaugurated the campaign by giving polio drops to a toddler.
As per NMC officials, ten Zonal Medical Officers and Ten Health inspectors would visit every house in their respective zones, in order to vaccinate children between the ages of zero-five to immune them against polio.
NMC had recognised Sunday as the official day for polio vaccination. Under Polio Ravivar, they plan to vaccinate more than three lakh kids in Nagpur. They also urged Nagpurkars to vaccinate their children at pulse Polio Booths near their homes from 8 am- 5 pm, on Sunday.
NMC Standing Committee Chief, Corporator Vijay Zalke spoke to Nation Next regarding this campaign and said, This year’s polio drive is going to be bigger than last year. We are planning to vaccinate around 3- 3.15 lakh kids. NMC is bearing the cost of infrastructure and execution. The state government provided us with the doses.
He further stated that there were special teams to vaccinate the homeless during night. ?When it comes to the health of Nagpurkars, money is not a factor we should think about, said Zalke when asked about NMC’s current financial crunch.
As per Zalke, vaccination facility would also be available in slums,, factory areas and other outskirts of Nagpur.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Congress legislator caught watching porn in Karnataka Assembly

Published

on

By

Nation Next Newsroom | Bombuflat

Congress leader Prakash Rathod, on Friday, was caught on camera while allegedly scrolling through few adult content clips in the State Assembly. This turned out to be a huge embarrassment for both, Congress and Rathod as regional channels aired the video, in which he was ?caught in the act.
The MLC member was present in the house during the proceedings of the legislative council. While the house was in session, Rathod was watching adult content on his smartphone.
However, he threw these charges under the bus and said, I was looking for materials for a question I wanted to ask the government in question hour.
?When I was looking for question material, I deleted too many messages as my phone storage was full. What the media has shown or seen, I don’t know. I would never do such things or see such things, he added.
This was not the first time in Karnataka that such an incident had happened. Back in 2012, three Bharatiya Janata Party ministers were caught on camera allegedly watching adult content in the State Assembly. Following the scandal, they resigned from the state government due to public embarrassment.

Continue Reading

Trending