Former Rajya Sabha MP Ishwar Singh, who’s currently an MLA from Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) from Guhla Cheeka in Kaithal district of Haryana, appeared for his first year MA exams at the age of 72. To be clear, Singh has already completed his MA in public administration, law and history in the past. He is now appearing for first year MA exams for a post graduate degree in political science from Kurukshetra University.
Making most of his time during the lockdown, Singh used his time for studying and appearing for exams online. As per UGC guidelines, Singh downloaded question paper from the university portal and then wrote his answers and scanned it back to the university via email. He took his last exam on Saturday.
When Singh was elected as an MLA for the first time in 1977, he had only studied up to class X. Soon, he was appointed as the chairman of the Haryana School Education Board but Singh resigned due to his qualification.
Singh said, After teaching for eight years, I joined politics and was elected from Guhla in 1977 on the Janta Party ticket, and in 1978, I was appointed as the chairman of the Haryana education board. But I resigned from the post as I felt that my educational qualification was not enough to deserve that position and decided to resume my studies.
Later, Singh passed Class 12 at the age of 34 and graduated at the age of 37. Then he did his MA in history. He completed his LLB at the age of 42. Wanting to spread awareness about the importance of education, Singh said, I never attended college as I was not a regular student but I never failed in any exam. I proved that we can continue our studies even if we have a busy life.
Being associated for politics for almost four decades, Singh was considered a close aide of former chief minister late Bhajan Lal. During the last elections, Singh chose to join JJP and got elected from the Guhla (reserved) assembly seat in 2019.
December 02, 2022 | Nagpur News | नागपुर समाचार | Hindi News Bulletin | Nation Next
Nation Next Nagpur Bulletin brings to you a summary of major news events that took place in Nagpur on December 02, 2022.
1. गुरुवार को शहर के सुपारी व्यापारियों के यहां ed की raid पड़ने की वजह से कई बातें सामने आयी है. शुक्रवार 30 दिसंबर को मिली जानकारी के अनुसार सुपारी व्यापारियों के मामले में एक बड़ा ‘smuglling racket ‘ नागपूर में active होने की खबर के बाद ed ने नागपुर के बाद मुंबई में भी कार्रवाई की.नागपुर के सुपारी व्यापारियों के पास से cash , properties के documents और हवाला कारोबार से जुडी information भी ed को इसमें मिली है. इसको देखते हुए अब सुपारी व्यापारियों पर foreign exchange management एक्ट के तहत कार्रवाई की जा सकती है. बताया जा रहा है कि जो documents ed को इन लोगों से मिले है, इससे यह लोग अब gst और income tax department के राडार पर आ गए और इनपर इन दोनों department की भी कार्रवाई हो सकती है. जानकारी यह भी निकलकर आयी है की जिन सुपारी व्यापारियों के यहां raid हुई है उनको और उनसे related लोगों को भी मुंबई investigation के लिए बुलाया गया है.
2. नागपुर -मुंबई समृद्दि expressway के नागपुर -शिर्डी के 520 किलोमीटर के first फेज का उद्घाटन pm नरेंद्र मोदी के हाथों 11 दिसंबर को होनेवाला है. pm के दौरे की तारीख सामने आते ही security agencies और district administration alert हो गया है. security reasons को लेकर समृद्धि expressway का नागपुर का ‘entry point ‘ बंद कर दिया गया है. नागपुर के गुमगांव के खड़का से समृद्धि expressway की शुरुवात होती है. expressway पर कोई भी सीधे न आ पाए, इसके लिए टिन के पत्रे लगाए गए है. pm के आने के बाद यहां पर कार्यक्रम भी होगा, जिसके लिए 15 हजार लोग बैठ सके, ऐसे डोम की व्यवस्था की गई है. इस उद्घाटन कार्यक्रम की तैयारियां पुरे जोर -शोर से चल रही है.
3. RSS के headquarter और रेशमबाग के भट्ट सभागृह को उड़ाने की धमकी वाला पुलिस को एक लेटर पिछले हफ्ते मिला था, जिसके कारण पुलिस department में हलचल मच गई थी. इस letter को लेकर पुलिस ने investigation शुरू की ओर 1 दिसंबर को एक आरोपी को हिरासत में लिया है. जानकारी के अनुसार यह व्यक्ति सरकारी कंपनी में इंजीनियर है. यह letter सक्करदरा पुलिस को मिला था. बताया जा रहा की आरोपी इंजीनियर की मेन्टल health ठीक नहीं है. Additional Police Commissioner Navinchandra Reddy ने इसपर कहा कि आरोपी नहीं चाहता था कि आनेवाला कार्यक्रम भट्ट सभागृह में हो, इसके लिए ही उसने सब किया है. आरोपी से पुलिस investigation कर रही है.
4. पहले महाराष्ट्र के governer , फिर भाजपा के national spokesperson ने छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज पर विवादित बयान दिए, जिसके बाद काफी हंगामा हुआ. यह हंगामा अभी थमा ही नहीं था कि अब भाजपा के state minister मंगल प्रभात लोढ़ा ने भी छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज को लेकर विवादित बयान दिया है. इस बयान को लेकर गुरुवार 1 दिसंबर को नागपुर में छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज के वंशज श्रीमंत डॉ. राजे मुधोजी भोंसले ने इस पूरे मामले में अपनी नाराजगी जताते हुए मुख्यमंत्री एकनाथ शिंदे को letter लिखकर मंत्री मंगल प्रभात लोढ़ा का resignation लेने की मांग की है. डॉ.राजे मुधोजी ने अपने इस लेटर में लिखा है कि शिवाजी महाराज को लेकर पहले governer, फिर भाजपा के spokeperson के बाद अब minister मंगल प्रभात लोढ़ा ने विवादित बयान दिया है, इसके लिए minister से resignation लेकर यह message दे की राज्य की जनता महाराज का अपमान सहन नहीं करेगी. राजे भोसले ने कहा कि इसको लेकर वे राष्ट्रपति, प्रधानमंत्री और भाजपा के राष्ट्रीय अध्यक्ष को भी letter भेजेंगे. उन्होंने deputy cm फडणवीस से भी minister के resignation की मांग की है.
5. नागपुर में लगातार कचरे को लेकर कार्रवाई की जा रही है. nagpur muncipal corporation की nds की ओर से शहर में गन्दगी फैलानेवालों पर नजर रखी जा रही है. इसी के तहत गुरुवार 1 दिसंबर को सड़क के किनारें खाने का कचरा फेंकने पर बजाजनगर के श्री गणेश गार्डन lawn पर 50 हजार का fine लगाया गया और nds की टीम ने owner से 50 हजार रुपए वसूल भी किए है. सभी लोगों पर अलग -अलग fine की कार्रवाई की जा रही है. जिसमें शहर में कई ऐसे Institutes थे, जिनपर 50 हजार रुपए का fine लगाया गया है.
Script by – Shamanand Tayde
Dharavi redevelopment to have dedicated areas for manufacturing: Devendra Fadnavis
Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that Dharavi redevelopment will have dedicated areas for manufacturing…
The Mah Deputy CM says that Dharavi is a great manufacturing cluster, has been kept in mind while planning its redevelopment.
As Dharavi redevelopment has been announced, doubts were raised on whether this locally evolved entrepreneurial hub will retain its spirit. In a chat on Sansad TV with Sanjeev Sanyal, Member, PM’s Economic Advisory Council and a writer, on an Economic Sutra episode telecast on Nov 6, the Deputy Chief Minister had made it very clear how he foresees the future of Dharavi and Mumbai.
Saying that his government worked on clearing all the bottlenecks, he adds, “We understood that unless we have a place to rehabilitate people, which is nearby Dharavi, this project will not take off. We found out that there is around 42 acres of land which belongs to the Railways. We approached the Central Government and told them that we’ll free up your land. We’ll buy your land and we’ll give you a share in the profit and we entered into a definitive agreement and now they have handed it over to us.”
“The Dharavi Redevelopment project will be the most unique project ever done. In fact, this redevelopment was visualized by none other than Rajiv Gandhi in 1985 but nothing happened – until 2014 when Modiji came and we started governing Maharashtra. The redevelopment will be no less beautiful than BKC. Dharavi is just not a slum but it’s also a great manufacturing cluster, so what we did was that while planning this scheme we have created areas for this entire manufacturing industry along with planning for the rehabilitation of the people. Right now, this entire manufacturing sector is informal, but after this and over time they will come into the formal sector.”
Watch the full interaction here: https://youtu.be/FNeTrm0v0dw
Also, with Mumbai undergoing so many infrastructural changes, questions have been raised about retaining the quintessential character of “aamchi Mumbai,” which apart from being the financial capital of India is undoubtedly one of the most vibrant cities.
Speaking on the land issues, Fadnavis says, “The usable space in Mumbai is very little. It has length, but has limitations on the breadth so taking into consideration all these problems we wanted to design a very robust system for Mumbai for commuters and for vehicles. That’s why the all the new Coastal Road, which will decongest the western side of Mumbai. It will be a ring road type structure along the coast and this Western Expressway carries 60 percent of the Mumbai traffic right, so all that traffic will be mostly accommodated here.”
Commuting in Mumbai is a killer and every day Mumbaikars spend a lot of time on travel. Saying that he wants to reduce travel within Mumbai from anywhere to anywhere to an hour, Fadnavis explains, “Our Metro three is a very unique 40 kilometers of underground Network, which will be the lifeline of Mumbai. It is estimated to carry around 1.7 million passengers per day! All this work will be finished in two or three years and I want that from any place to any place in Mumbai one should reach within less than one hour – that is the planning. We are also trying to integrate the transportation system. Right now, our Suburban Railway is the lifeline of Mumbai. This Suburban Railway carries around 9 million passengers. The new Metro Network which we are creating will be carrying around 7 million or 8 million passengers, almost doubling the current number.”
Adding to this, the Deputy CM says that the 22 kilometers of Sea Bridge that will connect us to the hinterland, “so we have Mumbai, we have new Mumbai and that will be the third Mumbai that will be a land mass which will be bigger than Mumbai with new Mumbai airport. I think the future growth of Mumbai is on that side!”
Pritish Nandy’s ‘spirit of Dharavi’ tweet sparks off poverty porn debate
Dharavi comments of former parliamentarian and noted media and television personality Pritish Nandy on Friday, kicked off a storm…
Is squalor for cameras, money more important than dignified living for the residents…
Former parliamentarian and noted media and television personality Pritish Nandy’s Dharavi comments kicked off a storm when he said on Twitter that Dharavi, one of Asia’s largest slum, with an estimated population of 1 million, ‘is not actually a slum but a tribute to the great entrepreneurial spirit of the weakest and smallest person fighting for his or her livelihood in Mumbai. It is also a model in collective coexistence in one of the toughest cities in the world, where nothing else matters. Not caste. Not faith. Not where you come from. But trust and togetherness.’
While this may be true, what is equally true is the squalor and subhuman conditions that reign supreme in this slum. Netizens felt that Nandy, by romanticizing poverty in this manner, was only feeding poverty porn and tourism. Nandy clarified that he was seeking to keep the spirit of Dharavi alive by “researching the architectural grammar, the cultural history that builds integrated and interdependent societies like Dharavi that have survived and flourished over decades and make that the base for the new redevelopment plans. Not just look at the future but also build in the past.”
The Maharashtra Government had on November 29, opened the financial bids for Dharavi redevelopment project. While 3 companies Adani Realty, DLF and Naman Group had submitted bids, the Adani Group clinched the project with a INR 5,069-crore bid. The timeline for the entire redevelopment of Asia’s largest slum, with an estimated population of 1 million, might take close to 17 years, the rehabilitation of slum dwellers should be complete in seven years.
Fact. @gautam_adani has won the bid to redevelop Dharavi. What is crucial however is that the indomitable spirit of what has been often described as Asia’s biggest slum is retained and nurtured. Dharavi is not actually a slum. It is a tribute to the great entrepreneurial spirit
— Pritish Nandy (@PritishNandy) December 1, 2022