Connect with us

COVID-19

South African cricketer AB de Villiers retires from international cricket

South African bastman AB de Villiers on Wednesday announced his decision to retire from all forms of international cricket.
AB de Villiers (Photo source: facebook)

South African bastman AB de Villiers on Wednesday announced his decision to retire from all forms of international cricket. De Villiers, who was playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League this year, shared a video on twitter to announce the same.

He said, Fourteen seasons ago, I arrived as a nervous youngster when I was first called into the Proteas squad. Today at the same place, I want to let you know that I have decided to retire from all international cricket with immediate effect. After 114 Test matches, 228 one-day internationals and 78 T20 Internationals, it is time for others to take over.

He added, I have had my turn and to be honest I am tired. This is a tough decision. I have thought long and hard about it and I’d like to retire while still playing decent cricket,” said the right-hander. After fantastic series wins over India and Australia, now is the time to step aside. It would not be right for me to pick and choose where and what format to play for the Proteas. For me, it must be everything or nothing.

He continued, I’ll always be grateful to my teammates, the courteous staff of team South Africa for their support through less these years. It’s not about any move somewhere else. It’s about running out of gas, and feeling that it’s time to move on. Everything comes to an end. To cricket fans of South Africa and around the world, thank you very much for your kindness, generosity and today, for your understanding. I have no plans to play overseas and I can continue to be available for the Titans (domestic cricket).

 

 

Read more| Prabhas crashes 37 cars, 5 trucks for single stunt worth 90 crores in Saaho

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x