Uncategorized
Loss of soldiers painful; nation will never forget their bravery, sacrifice: Defence Minster Rajnath Singh

Nearly 24 hours after 20 Indian soldiers were killed at Ladakhs Galwan Valley, Defence Minister for India Rajnath Singh gave his first comment by saying the loss of soldiers was ?deeply disturbing and painful. The union minister also said that the nation would never forget their bravery and sacrifice. Interestingly, Singh, who didn’t mention or blame China for the incident in any of his tweets so far, made the remarks after the growing criticism over the perceived silence of Singh as well as Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in a tweet on Wednesday said why was the PM hiding and silent.
Following the rising tensions, India faced its first deadly clash with China in the last 45 years. Officials on Tuesday said that 20 Indian soldiers and 43 Chinese troops were killed in a clash at the Valley.
Singh on his twitter handle wrote, The Nation will never forget their bravery and sacrifice. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen soldiers. The nation stand shoulder to shoulder with them in this difficult hour. We are proud of the bravery and courage of India’s bravehearts.
He further mentioned, The loss of soldiers in Galwan is deeply disturbing and painful. Our soldiers displayed exemplary courage and valour in the line of duty and sacrificed their lives in the highest traditions of the Indian Army.
In a massive escalation in the middle of efforts to defuse weeks of tension at the border, three Indian soldiers, Colonel B Santosh Babu, Havildar Palani and Sepoy Ojha were killed during the ?violent face-off.
While both sides claimed that no bullets had been fired, the casualties reportedly occurred after an exchange of stones and batons. Being critically injured during the attacks, number of Indian soldiers succumbed to the wounds, said Indian officials.
After the attacks, China did not confirm any casualties, but accused India of crossing the border. Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said India had crossed the border twice on Monday, thus ?provoking and attacking Chinese personnel, resulting in serious physical confrontation between border forces on the two sides.
India’s External Affairs Ministry indicted China of trying to ?unilaterally change status quo? in the region. The foreign ministry said, India is very clear that all its activities are always within the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control. We expect the same of the Chinese side.
Following the list of events, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday evening. Defence Minister Rajnath along with Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat, the three military chiefs and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar briefed PM Modi about the situation.
Off late, China has been upset about the Indian construction of roads and airstrips in the area. Chinese military spokesperson colonel Zhang Shuili on Tuesday claimed the majority of the region to be China owned and said, China always owns sovereignty over the Galwan Valley region. This is the first violent incident involving fatalities since 1975 between India and China, who fought a border war in 1962.
Also read: Delhi businessman gets himself murdered to procure insurance money for family
Uncategorized
Nitin Gadkari graces screening of ‘Me Vasantrao’ at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari graced the special screening of Marathi movie ‘Me Vasantrao’ – a movie based on the life of Hindustani classical singer and violinist Vasantrao Deshpande.
The screening was held at Sudama Theatre in Nagpur on Sunday evening in the presence family members, friends and the cast of the movie.
Uncategorized
Mayor Dayashankari Tiwari kicks off polio drive in Nagpur
Nagpur Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari, on Sunday, launched Nagpur Municipal Corporation’s (NMC) door-to-door polio campaign drive. He, along with Deputy Mayor Manisha Dhawade visited Rognidan Centre in Mahal, Nagpur and inaugurated the campaign by giving polio drops to a toddler.
As per NMC officials, ten Zonal Medical Officers and Ten Health inspectors would visit every house in their respective zones, in order to vaccinate children between the ages of zero-five to immune them against polio.
NMC had recognised Sunday as the official day for polio vaccination. Under Polio Ravivar, they plan to vaccinate more than three lakh kids in Nagpur. They also urged Nagpurkars to vaccinate their children at pulse Polio Booths near their homes from 8 am- 5 pm, on Sunday.
NMC Standing Committee Chief, Corporator Vijay Zalke spoke to Nation Next regarding this campaign and said, This year’s polio drive is going to be bigger than last year. We are planning to vaccinate around 3- 3.15 lakh kids. NMC is bearing the cost of infrastructure and execution. The state government provided us with the doses.
He further stated that there were special teams to vaccinate the homeless during night. ?When it comes to the health of Nagpurkars, money is not a factor we should think about, said Zalke when asked about NMC’s current financial crunch.
As per Zalke, vaccination facility would also be available in slums,, factory areas and other outskirts of Nagpur.
Uncategorized
Congress legislator caught watching porn in Karnataka Assembly
Congress leader Prakash Rathod, on Friday, was caught on camera while allegedly scrolling through few adult content clips in the State Assembly. This turned out to be a huge embarrassment for both, Congress and Rathod as regional channels aired the video, in which he was ?caught in the act.
The MLC member was present in the house during the proceedings of the legislative council. While the house was in session, Rathod was watching adult content on his smartphone.
However, he threw these charges under the bus and said, I was looking for materials for a question I wanted to ask the government in question hour.
?When I was looking for question material, I deleted too many messages as my phone storage was full. What the media has shown or seen, I don’t know. I would never do such things or see such things, he added.
This was not the first time in Karnataka that such an incident had happened. Back in 2012, three Bharatiya Janata Party ministers were caught on camera allegedly watching adult content in the State Assembly. Following the scandal, they resigned from the state government due to public embarrassment.
-
Social3 years ago
Politicians, businessmen shower blessings on Chandrashekhar Bawankule’s son Sanket at his wedding reception
-
Social3 years ago
Nagpur gets its first 7 am cafe ‘SEVEN O’ ELEVEN’ at Shraddhanand Peth
-
Parties3 years ago
Couples have a blast, win awards at ‘Hollywood Oscar Night’ in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Shatrughan Sinha, Prithviraj Chavan grace Ranjeet Deshmukh’s 75th birthday celebrations in Nagpur
-
Parties3 years ago
Family, friends ‘wine n dine’ at Dr Shilpa Mukherji’s birthday bash in Nagpur
-
Social3 years ago
Sunil Kedar kicks off 10-day Late Dr Shrikant Jichkar Memorial Cricket Tournament in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Disgruntled Ashish Deshmukh resigns as Maharashtra Congress General Secretary
-
Remembrance3 years ago
Renowned singer KK passes away at 53