Connect with us

COVID-19

Young cricketers should get to experience the historic Indo-Pak cricket rivalry, says Shoaib Akhtar

Former Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar expressed his disappointment over cricket not being played between India and Pakistan.
Former Pakistani Cricketer Shoaib Akhtar. (Photo Source: /Shoaib Akhtar/Twitter)

Former Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, while speaking to PTI, expressed disappointment over cricket not being played between India and Pakistan. He also said that cricket should definitely be played between the two nations but if it is not going to happen, one should move on and avoid making comments. Akhtar also stressed upon the need of resuming bilateral talks between the two nations to have a bilateral cricket series.

Speaking about young cricketers not getting to experience the historic and intense cricket rivalry between the two nations, Akhtar told PTI, It is terribly sad that cricketers from either side of the border are not often getting to experience the Indo-Pak rivalry. Along with the Ashes, it is the biggest series in the game. The cricketers are not getting a chance to become overnight heroes for their respective countries. Pakistan cricketers are adored in India, I myself have got so much love from India.” Akhtar added, I really wanted the current Pakistani crop to experience the same kind of love we received in India back in the day and showcase their talent.

The last bilateral series between India and Pakistan was held in 2007. Post the Mumbai Terror Attacks in 2008, the relations between the countries soured.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x