Connect with us

COVID-19 Daily Updates

Don’t expect first COVID-19 vaccinations until early 2021: WHO

Mike Ryan, World Health Organisation

Mike Ryan, World Health Organisation

Mike Ryan, a World Health Organisation (WHO) expert, has said that while researchers are making ?good progress in developing vaccines against coronavirus, their first use cannot be expected until early 2021.

We’re making good progress, said Ryan while noting that several vaccines are now in phase 3 trials and none have failed, so far, in terms of safety or ability to generate an immune response. Ryan added, Realistically it is going to be the first part of next year before we start seeing people getting vaccinated.”

Also read : Uber announces installation of 20,000 safety cockpits for safer rides

Ryan said that even as WHO is working to ensure fair vaccine distribution when it is finally developed, it is necessary to contain the spread of the virus in the meantime. He added, We need to be fair about this, because this is a global good. Vaccines for this pandemic are not for the wealthy, they are not for the poor, they are for everybody.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x