Connect with us

Politics

Seven takeaways from RSS chief Mohan Bhagwats Vijayadashami speech

RSS Sarsanghachalak Mohan Bhagwat during his annual Vijayadashami speech on the 91st Foundation Day of RSS at Reshimbagh ground in Nagpur. (Photo by: Kartik Thakur)

When RSS Sarsanghachalak Mohan Bhagwat took to the stage today to deliver his annual Vijayadashami speech on the 91st Foundation Day of RSS at Reshimbagh ground in Nagpur, he had the usual attention of thousands of RSS swayamsevaks. This apart, the lakhs of followers and critics of RSS alike were glued to the speech, which was telecast and webcast across the country. Bhagwat, in somewhat political speech of his, focused upon controversy surrounding Gau-rakshaks, Modi government and India’s reply to the terrorists.

Nation Next brings you the highlights of the speech:

One: Mohan Bhagwat informed that the centenary celebrations of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay will continue this year as well. He then stressed upon the need of following the teachings of revered personalities – Acharya Abhinavgupta, Saint Ramanujacharya, Prajnachakshu Shree Gulabrao Maharaj and the tenth guru of the Sikhs ? Guru Gobind Singh.

Two: Mohan Bhagwat applauded the Modi government for its work and said that the government has given hope to the people in the country. He added that the policies of the government has dispelled the disappointment previously prevalent in the country.

Three: Mohan Bhagwat said that Sangh Swayamsevaks have stepped up their efforts to counter social inequality. They are helping people from schedule castes and schedule tribes categories to claim the benefits guaranteed to them under the constitution, he stated. He urged the individuals and associations who stand for social good to become more active.

Four: Mohan Bhagwat in his speech backed the Gau-rakshaks saying that It’s necessary to distinguish between people who protect cows and the trouble makers, adding, that sometimes things are blown out of proportion. He said that the protection of cows is mentioned in the Directive principles of the Indian Constitution and Gau-rakshaks carrying forward the work of protecting the cows act within the framework of the constitution and the law, and will continue to do so.

Five: Against the backdrop of the Uri attacks and surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army in PoK, Mohan Bhagwat said, the whole world knows that the disturbances in the Kashmir valley are promoted by people across the border. He congratulated the Government of India and the armed forces for giving a befitting reply to those who promote terrorism. He also said that there is a need for the defence forces to be prepared all the time, as not being prepared can cost us heavily.

Six: Mohan Bhagwat stressed upon the need of educational facilities to be available cheaply and easily. He added that the government and society should participate and should stand together against the commercialisation of education.

Seven: Mohan Bhagwat while promoting a healthy dialogue between the older and younger generation in families, said that if children develop proper behavior at home, they will work hard towards their studies. He also said that elders should set an example for the young. Stressing on the importance of a dialogue, he informed that Kutumbprabodhan? is an activity which Swayamsevaks are involved in. Under this activity, they have initiated the change from their own homes by engaging their families in a dialogue.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Politics

Chinese attack in Galwan was pre-planned; govt. was fast asleep: Rahul Gandhi

Published

on

By

Sneha Shah | Delhi
Rahul Gandhi

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi slammed the PM Modi-led government in June 19 saying that the government was fast-asleep even as tension increased on the Indo-Chinese border. Gandhi claimed that the Chinese attack in Galwan valley in Ladakh was ?pre-planned and that soldiers paid the price of government’s mistake.

Gandhi took to twitter to question the Government’s alertness on the standoff at the border. Gandhi cited an ANI report, which quoted Minister of State (MoS) for Defence Shripad Naik as saying that the violent face off, which killed around 20 Indian soldiers was ?pre-planned by China? and that the Indian forces will give a ?befitting reply.

Gandhi’s tweet read:

It’s now crystal clear that:

  1. The Chinese attack in Galwan was pre-planned.

  2. GOI was fast asleep and denied the problem.

  3. The price was paid by our martyred Jawans.

Also read: COVID-19 positive Congress MLA votes in PPE kit for Rajya Sabha polls

Gandhi’s attack on the government comes before an all-party meeting, which will be convened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 19 evening to discuss the India-China border situation.

Continue Reading

Politics

COVID-19 positive Congress MLA votes in PPE kit for Rajya Sabha polls

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Madhya Pradesh

COVID-19 positive Congress MLA votes in PPE kit for Rajya Sabha polls…

COVID-19 positive Congress MLA  Kunal Chaudhary arrived in a PPE kit to cast his vote for the 24-seat Rajya Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh on Friday.
Congress MLA in PPE kit

Congress MLA Kunal Chaudhary, who is a COVID-19 patient, arrived in a PPE kit to cast his vote for the 24-seat Rajya Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh on Friday.

The MLA, who was the last one to vote, was tested for COVID-19 on June 12. Chaudhary told NDTV, “I reached Vidhan Sabha around 12.45 pm in an ambulance, with full precaution wearing a PPE kit, the officials were also wearing PPE kit, though I felt they were a bit scared, which is natural. I voted for my party candidate and came back. To ensure virus doesn’t get spread from respiratory droplets, people around him ensured strict social distancing.

In Madhya Pradesh, a candidate needs 52 votes for winning a seat in the Rajya Sabha elections.

Also read: Congress to distribute 50 lakh food kits, PPEs to mark Rahul Gandhi’s 50th birthday today

Continue Reading

Politics

Ramdas Athawale calls for ban on restaurants selling Chinese food, asks citizens to stop eating it

Published

on

By

Sneha Shah | Mumbai
RPI President and Union Minister Ramdas Athawale said that the controversy surrounding Dalits should now come to and end.
Union Minister Ramdas Athawale (File photo/Nation Next)

Union Minister Ramdas Athawale, President of Republican Party of India (RPI-A), on June 18, called for a ban on restaurants and hotels serving Chinese cuisine and also asked the citizens to stop eating Chinese food.

Athawale, who coined the famous Go Corona, Go Corona? chant in February, made the statement against the backdrop of clash between Indian and Chinese armed forces in the Galwan valley area of Ladakh on June 15. The clash led to deaths of around 20 Indian Army personnel including a Colonel rank officer.

Also read: Nagpur businessman Ravi Agrawal raises his stake in Infibeam Avenues from 5.65% to 7.11%

Athawale said, Restaurants selling Chinese food should be banned. Restaurants should be closed by the order of the state government. I appeal people who consume Chinese food to boycott it.

The Chinese literature should also be banned. Its products should be banned and it’s companies too should not be given business here. We should develop such companies in India, which can manufacture the same products here, the Union Minister added.

Athawale warned China to reconsider its actions and stop its criminal activities on the border. You took Buddha from us but we don’t want yuddha (war) with you. A war will prove to be costly for both countries, economically and loss of lives will also occur. If we (Indians) are not crossing the border, then why are you doing so?? he added.

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x