COVID-19 Daily Updates
COVID-19: Man’s body kept in ice cream freezer for 2 days as doctors refuse to issue death certificate
In a shocking incident, a family in Kolkata was forced to keep the body of a 71-year-old man in an ice cream freezer for two days as doctors refused to issue death certificate without COVID-19 test result.
As per reports, on June 29, the man went to the doctor as he experienced difficulty in breathing. He was told by the doctor to take a COVID-19 test. As the senior citizen returned home, his condition deteriorated and he died at around 3 pm.
A doctor visited the deceaseds apartment wearing a PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) suit. The doctor refused to issue a death certificate and asked the family to get in contact with the health department or police. The police directed the family to a local councillor, who, however, did not respond.
Also read : India’s second COVID-19 vaccine gets approval for human trials
A family member of the deceased told PTI that the family members made several calls to the helpline given to them but they did not get any response. The family contacted mortuaries but officials there refused to help after hearing the circumstances of the man’s demise. Since all the calls went unanswered, on June 30 morning, the family decided to preserve the body, which was rapidly decomposing in the heat, inside an ice-cream freezer. The same evening, test reports of the man came back positive for the virus.
?Even after getting the test reports, we kept on contacting the state health department but there was no response. During the morning hours of July 1, health department finally called up and set the process in motion for removing the body for last rites, the family member said.
Daily Updates
Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day.
Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.
Daily Updates
Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus.
Daily Updates
ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24.
-
Social3 years ago
Politicians, businessmen shower blessings on Chandrashekhar Bawankule’s son Sanket at his wedding reception
-
Social3 years ago
Nagpur gets its first 7 am cafe ‘SEVEN O’ ELEVEN’ at Shraddhanand Peth
-
Parties3 years ago
Couples have a blast, win awards at ‘Hollywood Oscar Night’ in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Shatrughan Sinha, Prithviraj Chavan grace Ranjeet Deshmukh’s 75th birthday celebrations in Nagpur
-
Parties3 years ago
Family, friends ‘wine n dine’ at Dr Shilpa Mukherji’s birthday bash in Nagpur
-
Social3 years ago
Sunil Kedar kicks off 10-day Late Dr Shrikant Jichkar Memorial Cricket Tournament in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Disgruntled Ashish Deshmukh resigns as Maharashtra Congress General Secretary
-
Remembrance3 years ago
Renowned singer KK passes away at 53