Connect with us

COVID-19 Daily Updates

Sachin Tendulkars lookalike tests positive for COVID-19; loses job due to lockdown

Sachin Tendulkar (left) and Balvir Chand (right)

Sachin Tendulkar (left) and Balvir Chand (right)

Balvir Chand, known for being cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkars doppelganger, recently tested positive for COVID-19. The 50-year-old Tendulkar lookalike returned to his village Sahlon in Punjab earlier this month after losing his job as an ambassador of a fast food chain in Mumbai due to the lockdown.

Chand told a daily that the fast food chain- Goli Vada Pav, who had employed him, lost business after the lockdown was announced, and let go of a lot of staff. He too, was asked to leave, and was reassured that they were to hire him back after things improve. On June 10, after reaching his village, Chand, his wife, daughter and younger son had tested positive for COVID-19, and were shifted to the hospital. On June 21, he was told by the doctors that he could leave the isolation ward.

Also read : COVID-19: Maharashtra govt. allows weddings in non-AC halls and lawns with restrictions

Paying rent in Mumbai had become difficult for him due to the lockdown, and when inter-state travel resumed, Chand and his family took a train to return to their village. However, they tested positive after returning back home. We took all precautions, carried 15 bottle of sanitizers, N95 masks, our own food. But there were a lot of passengers who were quite careless. I can say from experience that travelling is not safe right now, he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x