Connect with us

COVID-19

Wriddhiman Saha smashes 102 runs in just 20 balls

Cricketer Wriddhiman Saha, who's a part of Sunrisers Hyderabad for IPL 2018, smashed a stunning century in just 20 balls for in a T20 match in Kalighat.
Wriddhiman Saha after the match.

Cricketers and fans are gearing up for the 2018 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), which will start in two weeks. And what better way to prepare than start hitting some runs already! Cricketer Wriddhiman Saha, who’s a part of Sunrisers Hyderabad for IPL 2018, on Saturday, smashed a stunning century in just 20 balls for Mohun Bagan in a T20 match against BNR Recreation Club in the JC Mukherjee Trophy in Kalighat.

Chasing a total of 151 runs, Mohun Bagan finished the match in just seven overs with the help of Saha and opener Subhomay Das (43* runs from 22 balls). In his 20 ball knock, Saha scored 102 runs at a strike rate of a whopping 510 with the help of 14 sixes and four boundaries.

Speaking about the century, Saha after the match, said, I could feel from the first ball that I was able to hit the ball in the middle and I went for it. With many terming his century as a world record, Saha said, Not sure of this being a record, but looking into the IPL, I tried to play different shots and it worked.”

Saha before being acquired by Rs 5 crore by has played for Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings and Kings XI Punjab in the IPL in the past .

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x