COVID-19
Vidarbha beats Saurashtra, wins Ranji Trophy for second year in a row

Defending champions Vidarbha beat Saurashtra by 78 runs on Day 5 of the Ranji Trophy final at VCA stadium in Nagpur to emerge as the champions for second year in a row.
Chasing a target of 206 runs, Saurashtras quest for the maiden Ranji title was squashed as the team was bowled out for 127 runs even as Saurashtra batsman Vishvaraj Jadeja scored 52 runs.
Aditya Sarvate, who turned the match in Vidarbhas favour on Day 4 by picking up three crucial and early wickets, took another three wickets on Day 5 and took his wicket tally in the match to 11. Sarvate, rightly so, was declared as the player of the match during the presentation ceremony.
Speaking during the ceremony, Sarvate said, First of all, I would like to congratulate the Saurashtra team. I had a dream final. In the second innings it was difficult to rotate the strike. I had to keep going because we added valuable runs with the tail.
An elated Vidarbha captain Faiz Fazal after the win said, It feels unreal. Behind this there is a lot of hard work. The emotions are different from the first time we won it. The pressure and expectations were higher this time. Our off-season preparation went very well and we worked very hard. The best chef doesn’t reveal all the ingredients and I would say that we worked hard. I can’t thank the support staff as they worked really hard with and on us.
Daily Updates
Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day.
Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.
Daily Updates
Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus.
Daily Updates
ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24.
-
Social3 years ago
Politicians, businessmen shower blessings on Chandrashekhar Bawankule’s son Sanket at his wedding reception
-
Social3 years ago
Nagpur gets its first 7 am cafe ‘SEVEN O’ ELEVEN’ at Shraddhanand Peth
-
Parties3 years ago
Couples have a blast, win awards at ‘Hollywood Oscar Night’ in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Shatrughan Sinha, Prithviraj Chavan grace Ranjeet Deshmukh’s 75th birthday celebrations in Nagpur
-
Parties3 years ago
Family, friends ‘wine n dine’ at Dr Shilpa Mukherji’s birthday bash in Nagpur
-
Social3 years ago
Sunil Kedar kicks off 10-day Late Dr Shrikant Jichkar Memorial Cricket Tournament in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Disgruntled Ashish Deshmukh resigns as Maharashtra Congress General Secretary
-
Remembrance3 years ago
Renowned singer KK passes away at 53