COVID-19 Daily Updates
Pune: Aditya Birla Hospital asked to refund money to 25 COVID-19 patients for overcharging
A state-government appointed committee sent a letter to Pune’s Aditya Birla Hospital on August 20 and asked it to refund Rs 5 lakh to 25 patients who underwent COVID-19 treatment at the hospital. The committee found that the patients were ?overcharged for their treatment.
Deputy medical superintendent of Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial (YCM) Hospital, Dr Shankar Jadhav, who is the head of the audit team of government-appointed committee told The Indian Express, On Thursday, we sent a letter to the hospital as we found that it had overcharged patients. The hospital told us they will get back to us by August 22.
Also read : Oxfords COVID-19 vaccine COVISHIELD, India’s COVAXIN may be available in India by year-end
Dr Jadhav informed that at least in 25 cases they found that the hospital had overcharged patients for medicine, admission to general wards, PPE kits and other related aspects.
Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) Additional Health Commissioner, Dr Pavan Salve, said that their team of doctors will be part of the state government-appointed committee, which will look into the alleged inflated bill given to COVID-19 patients. After the private hospitals hand over draft bill to the patients, our audit team will verify whether the charges are as per the government norms. This will help in reducing the complaints of overcharging, Dr Salve said.
Daily Updates
Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day.
Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.
Daily Updates
Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus.
Daily Updates
ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24.
-
Social3 years ago
Politicians, businessmen shower blessings on Chandrashekhar Bawankule’s son Sanket at his wedding reception
-
Social3 years ago
Nagpur gets its first 7 am cafe ‘SEVEN O’ ELEVEN’ at Shraddhanand Peth
-
Parties3 years ago
Couples have a blast, win awards at ‘Hollywood Oscar Night’ in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Shatrughan Sinha, Prithviraj Chavan grace Ranjeet Deshmukh’s 75th birthday celebrations in Nagpur
-
Parties3 years ago
Family, friends ‘wine n dine’ at Dr Shilpa Mukherji’s birthday bash in Nagpur
-
Social3 years ago
Sunil Kedar kicks off 10-day Late Dr Shrikant Jichkar Memorial Cricket Tournament in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Disgruntled Ashish Deshmukh resigns as Maharashtra Congress General Secretary
-
Remembrance3 years ago
Renowned singer KK passes away at 53