January 13, 2021, 12:09 PM



Despite the ban of ‘nylon manja’ in the city, Nagpur every year reports several major accidents occur as the razor-sharp strings entangle on the necks of pedestrians and riders. 
In a similar case, a 20-year-old youth named Pranay Thakre, lost his life after a nylon manja slit his throat, while riding a Honda Activa two-wheeler (MH 31/VS/5205) on Tuesday near Imamwada, Nagpur. 
Thakre, a resident of plot no 5, near Kudrat Paan Mandir, Dnyaneshwar nagar, Ajni, had gone to Tehsil office, along with his father Prakash Thakre on Tuesday, to procure a domicile certificate. 
Both father and son were returning home on separate two-wheelers and Pranay was following his father’s vehicle. 
At around 5:30 pm, while crossing Jatatarodi square, Thakre’s neck got entangled in the nylon manja. Before he could remove the razor-sharp string, the manja slit his throat within seconds. Pranay fell from his two-wheeler and the blood started gushing out of his throat. 
Thakre was rushed to a nearby hospital. However, he had succumbed on-spot, within seconds of the accident, due to severe injuries and excessive bleeding. 
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Zone IV Dr Akshay Shinde informed ‘The Hitvada’ that along with Pranay, other vehicle riders coming from opposite direction, had also gotten entangled in the nylon string. 
As a result, the manja, which was pulled by other vehicles, worked like a sharp razor on Pranay’s neck. 
Thakre’s body was sent to Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) for post-mortem.
A case of accidental death was registered at Imamwada Police Station.
To Comment please login Add Comment
logo

Latest Articles