Connect with us

COVID-19 Daily Updates

Nagpur Mayor, Commissioner urge citizens to stay at home on weekends

Dayashankar Tiwari, Radhakrishnan B

Dayashankar Tiwari, Radhakrishnan B

Against the backdrop of increasing COVID-19 cases in the city, Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) has imposed strict restrictions as a preventive measure.

As a result, all establishments, offices and shops are to remain closed on Saturdays and Sundays until further orders.

Nagpur Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari and Commissioner Radhakrishnan B, on Thursday, appealed to the citizens to abide COVID-19 norms and co-operate in complying with the restrictions imposed by the administration to break the chain of Coronavirus.

If one person infected with the virus goes into the crowd, 25 other citizens can get infected as well. It is not right to endanger the health of others and hence, while working in public places, it is mandatory to follow COVID-19 norms and instructions issued by the administration from time to time, Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari said.

Essential services would stay available. Stay home and cooperate with the administration, he added.

NMC is taking strict steps to contain COVID-19 cases in Nagpur. Corporation’s Nuisance Detection Squad (NDS) is taking action against the violators every day. However, only action cannot contain the virus, it is also essential to follow the rules and prevent the infection, NMC Commissioner Radhakrishnan B said.

NMC has appealed that no one should go out of their house on Saturdays and Sundays. Except essential services, no shops, malls, markets, theatres, restaurants, hotels, eateries, government or semi-government offices, private offices, abattoirs of the corporation, shops selling meat in the city would remain shut, he added.


Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x