COVID-19
Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan retire from International cricket; Pak wins first series in the Caribbean

Pakistan cricket veterans Misbah-ul-Haq (42) and Younis Khan (39) retired from International cricket as Pakistan beat West Indies by 101 runs in the third and the final test of the series thereby registering their first test series win in the Caribbean. International Cricket Council (ICC) COO David Richardson praised both the cricketers for their contribution to cricket. Richardson on behalf of ICC also congratulated both the batsmen on their wonderful careers and wished them success in their future endeavours.
Speaking about Misbah, Richardson said, Misbah has been the bedrock of many a Pakistan innings, time and time again extricating his team from difficult situations with a terrific temperament. He was a leader who took charge at a difficult time and led the team on a journey to the number one position in the ICC Test rankings.
Younis has been one of Pakistans finest batsmen, also often coming up with his best efforts when the chips were down. A particularly fine player of spin bowling, Younis was also an able captain who led Pakistan in all three formats of the game with the highlight being victory in the ICC World Twenty20 in England in 2009, said Richardson while speaking about Younis.
During his career, Misbah scored 5,222 runs in 75 Tests (10 centuries and 39 half-centuries) and scored 5,122 runs in 162 ODIs with 42 fifties. Younis on the other hand, scored 10,099 Test runs in 118 matches (34 centuries and 33 half-centuries) and scored 7,249 ODI runs in 265 matches with seven centuries and 48 half-centuries.
Daily Updates
Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day.
Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.
Daily Updates
Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus.
Daily Updates
ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours
Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24.
-
Social3 years ago
Politicians, businessmen shower blessings on Chandrashekhar Bawankule’s son Sanket at his wedding reception
-
Social3 years ago
Nagpur gets its first 7 am cafe ‘SEVEN O’ ELEVEN’ at Shraddhanand Peth
-
Parties3 years ago
Couples have a blast, win awards at ‘Hollywood Oscar Night’ in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Shatrughan Sinha, Prithviraj Chavan grace Ranjeet Deshmukh’s 75th birthday celebrations in Nagpur
-
Parties3 years ago
Family, friends ‘wine n dine’ at Dr Shilpa Mukherji’s birthday bash in Nagpur
-
Social3 years ago
Sunil Kedar kicks off 10-day Late Dr Shrikant Jichkar Memorial Cricket Tournament in Nagpur
-
Politics3 years ago
Disgruntled Ashish Deshmukh resigns as Maharashtra Congress General Secretary
-
Remembrance3 years ago
Renowned singer KK passes away at 53