Connect with us

COVID-19

Indian Cricket Team to lose the ‘Star’ logo on its jersey

Star which has been the sponsor of the Indian Cricket Team since December 2013, will not be renewing its contract with BCCI which expires in March 2017.
Virat Kohli with former coach of Indian Cricket Team Duncan Fletcher. (Picture Source: Wikimedia Commons)

According to a report published by The Times of India, Indian Cricket Team will soon lose the ‘Star’ logo on its jersey. Star which has been the sponsor of the team since December 2013 is not going to renew the jersey rights it possess in April. Star is right now the jersey sponsor for senior men’s, women’s and under-19 cricket team and its sponsorship contract with BCCI (The Board Of Control For Cricket In India) will expire on March 31, 2017.

The revelation was made by Uday Shankar, Star India chairman and CEO in an interview to The Times Of India. Shankar said that Star will not be entering the bid for jersey rights. Shankar said during the interview, “We are very proud that our name is carried on the jersey of Team India. But given all the uncertainties, we have decided not to bid for it again. The commitments being asked for are too onerous without any clarity.” Shankar also added that the lack of clarity between the ICC and BCCI over certain matters, is the reason behind the decision.

Star had won the rights in 2013 after the previous sponsor Sahara’s bid was found to ineligible.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x