Connect with us

COVID-19 Daily Updates

Amid speculation of lockdown in Maharashtra, govt. to hold review meet in 2 days


Amid the on-going speculation of an imposition of a fresh lockdown in Maharashtra, the government would hold a review meet within two days to decide the same.

The same was reported in an article published in CNN-News18, which further mentioned that the government was considering all available options to curb the spike in COVID-19 across the state.

Also, officials, who have been in loop vis-à-vis the developments on COVID-19 and the possible restrictions, said Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray was likely to address the citizens in the coming two to three days.

Mumbai Guardian Minister Aslam Shaikh said that a decision on lockdown would be taken whenever required.

He claimed that if the spike in a city aggravates further, there could be a possibility of shutting down nightclubs there. The same report quoted Shaikh by saying, We cannot deny the possibility of a night curfew or partial lockdown if this continues. We are fining people for not wearing masks. We may have to shut places like beaches and Gateway (of India) where people gather in the evenings. People need to take precautions.

Additional Municipal Commissioner in the BMC Suresh Kakani said that the civic body so far has no proposal on lockdown. CNN-News18 quoted him by saying, We are going to have a meeting today evening. But there is no proposal in front of us for this. Not on agenda too.

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Daily Updates

Active COVID cases near 30,000 mark in Nagpur

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally, on Tuesday, January 25, reached 5,43,064 (till 5 pm) as 4028 (972 from rural and 2956 from city) new cases were recorded in a single day. 

Also, active COVID cases, as on Tuesday, could be seen inching closer to 30,000 mark in the district.

Six people lost their lives (one from rural and five from city) on Tuesday. Till now, 10,183 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 in the district. Total tests taken were 11,377.
While patients who recovered on Tuesday were 2519, the total number of recovered patients stood at 503729.

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

Nagpur reports 90 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur

Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally on Sunday, January 2 reached 4,94,193 (till 5 pm) as 90 (73 city, nine rural) more people tested positive for the virus. 

Also, five patients recovered on Sunday taking the number of recoveries to 4,83,664. 

Till now, 10123 people have lost their lives due to COVID in the district. As of now, there are 406 active COVID patients in the district. 

Continue Reading

Daily Updates

ALARMING! Nagpur reports 88 COVID cases in past 24 hours

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur


Nagpur registered 88 (81 from city) new COVID-19 positive cases on Friday, December 31. Nagpur previously had recorded as minimum as six cases on December 24. 

Continue Reading

Trending

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x