Track Nation Next on Social Media

Crime National

Palghar Sadhus Lynching Case: Maharashtra Govt ready to hand case to CBI

In a major development the Eknath Shinde-led Maharashtra Government has expressed its willingness to handover the Palghar Sadhus lynching case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). In an affidavit filed in the Supreme Court, it has said that it “is ready and willing to hand over the investigation to the CBI and would have no objection to the same.” It is interesting to note that the Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) Government led by Uddhav Thackeray had denied a similar request during its tenure saying that two charge sheets had been filed and action was taken against the cops.

What happened in Palghar?

On the night of April 16, 2020, two Hindu sadhus were brutally lynched to death by a frenzied mob of more than 100 people in Plaghar, even as a posse of police remained mute onlookers. This was validated in videos that were shared online by many sources which showed the cops literally handing over the frail sadhus to face the mob on their own. Hence the demand for a CBI enquiry grew louder.

However, the then MVA Government refused and instead just filed a charge sheet that said the attack on the sadhus was a result of rumours/fake WhatsApp messages that told villagers that child lifters were moving around in the area and that they need to be vigilant. The sadhus were suspected of being kidnappers and hence attacked.

However, with many accused still on the run and no detailed enquiry into the matter, there has been a lot of speculation on the motivation for the attack thus eluding justice to the slain sadhus. The CBI probe should hopefully bring closure to this tragic incident.

Also read: Roger Binny as next BCCI chief?

Crime

Anil Deshmukh’s bail plea on Dec 6; HC says plea should be heard on priority due to his ill health

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Mumbai
The Bombay High Court said ex-minister Anil Deshmukh’s bail plea should be heard on priority basis due to the senior leader’s health issues.

Anil Deshmukh

The Bombay High Court said, as per prima facie, 74-year-old former Home Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh’s bail plea should be heard on priority basis due to the senior leader’s health issues. Additional Solicitor General Anil Singh, appearing for the CBI, said that when Deshmukh’s bail plea was moved on medical grounds, then a fresh medical report needed to be called for. 

Singh said, “There is a compilation that has been given now. There are medical papers attached. We need to go through it. Even though this is not a bail application on merit of the case, it is still being circulated under medical issues. He is getting medical treatment as required. Moreover, medical issues are not static. We need a check on what his condition is right now.”

Deshmukh’s advocate Vikram Chaudhari said the senior NCP leader was being treated but has been suffering from several ailments that require constant treatment and care. Chaudhary said, ”He needs to be released. He is a chronic patient.”

Justice MS Karnik said that the court would hear the bail plea on merits. He said, “I am satisfied that we can proceed with the hearing on merits and give it priority. This is my prima facie opinion that priority should be given. One of the medical ailments (that Deshmukh is suffering from) is degenerative.” Deshmukh’s bail plea would now be heard on December 6.

The bench asked Singh whether he was ready to argue on the merits of the case immediately, to which Singh said he would require a week while Chaudhari said that he was ready to argue. However, Justice Karnik said, “We need to give them a fair opportunity.”

Also read: 10 lakh spectators across 50 km; PM Modi makes history with road show for BJP in Ahmedabad

Continue Reading

Crime

Bengaluru man kills 2-yr-old daughter, says ‘didn’t have money, wasn’t able to feed her’

Published

on

By

Avani Arya | Nagpur
Bengaluru man Rahul Parmar (45) allegedly killed his two-year-old daughter. He claims that he did not have money to feed her.

Rahul Parmar with his 2-yr-old daughter in Bengaluru

Bengaluru man Rahul Parmar (45) allegedly killed his two-year-old daughter. He claims that he did not have money to feed her. Rahul belongs to Gujarat. Reportedly, he also tried to end his life after killing his daughter.

The police got involved when Rahul and his daughter went missing on November 15. Rahul’s wife filed a missing complaint, after which, the investigation started.

Rahul was arrested during the investigation. He revealed to the police that before killing his daughter, he spent some time with her in the car, played a bit, and hugged her. He said that he did not have enough money to feed her. As per the report, Rahul went through a financial loss in his Bitcoin business, and was unemployed for the last 6 months.

The child’s body was found in the lake of Kendatti village of Kolar taluk on November 26 night. A blue car was also found at the bank of the lake, the police said.

Previously, Rahul filed a complaint with the Bengaluru Police about gold jewelry getting stolen from his house. Upon investigating, the police came to know that Rahul himself had stolen the jewels from the house and pledged. He was warned about registering a fake complaint by the police, and was asked to visit the police station.

Police is suspecting that Rahul might have done something due to fear of facing repercussions of filing a fake case.

Further investigation has been initiated.

Also Read: Constitution day | Bet you didn’t know these interesting facts about the Indian Constitution

Continue Reading

Crime

How police caught Aftab Poonawalla | Aftab Poonawalla case | Shraddha Walker

Published

on

By

Avani Arya | Reporter : Shamanand Tayde | Nagpur

Aftab Amin Poonawalla, who allegedly murdered his live-in partner Shraddha Walker in May, 2022, dismembered her body into 35 pieces and dumped the same in Mehrauli forest in Delhi. Know the facts related to this case in the video.

Script by – Shamanand Tayde

 

Also Read: Ranjit Savarkar, Vandana Dongre file complaints against Rahul Gandhi for ’derogatory’ remarks against Veer Savarkar

Continue Reading
Advertisement
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x