Track Nation Next on Social Media
Nation Next

Crime National

Bengaluru man kills 2-yr-old daughter, says ‘didn’t have money, wasn’t able to feed her’

Bengaluru man Rahul Parmar (45) allegedly killed his two-year-old daughter. He claims that he did not have money to feed her.

Rahul Parmar with his 2-yr-old daughter in Bengaluru

Bengaluru man Rahul Parmar (45) allegedly killed his two-year-old daughter. He claims that he did not have money to feed her. Rahul belongs to Gujarat. Reportedly, he also tried to end his life after killing his daughter.

The police got involved when Rahul and his daughter went missing on November 15. Rahul’s wife filed a missing complaint, after which, the investigation started.

Rahul was arrested during the investigation. He revealed to the police that before killing his daughter, he spent some time with her in the car, played a bit, and hugged her. He said that he did not have enough money to feed her. As per the report, Rahul went through a financial loss in his Bitcoin business, and was unemployed for the last 6 months.

The child’s body was found in the lake of Kendatti village of Kolar taluk on November 26 night. A blue car was also found at the bank of the lake, the police said.

Previously, Rahul filed a complaint with the Bengaluru Police about gold jewelry getting stolen from his house. Upon investigating, the police came to know that Rahul himself had stolen the jewels from the house and pledged. He was warned about registering a fake complaint by the police, and was asked to visit the police station.

Police is suspecting that Rahul might have done something due to fear of facing repercussions of filing a fake case.

Further investigation has been initiated.

Also Read: Constitution day | Bet you didn’t know these interesting facts about the Indian Constitution

Continue Reading
Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Crime

Anil Deshmukh seeks court permission to visit hometown Nagpur, Delhi

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Mumbai
Former Home Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh approached a Special Court seeking permission to visit his hometown Nagpur and Delhi.

Anil Deshmukh

Former Home Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh approached a Special Court on Thursday seeking permission to visit his hometown Nagpur and Delhi. The Bombay High Court, while granting Deshmukh bail, had put a condition that the latter should not leave Mumbai without the trial court’s permission.

The senior NCP leader, who’s out on bail in an alleged money laundering case, was arrested by Enforcement Directorate (ED) in November, 2021 and later by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in April 2022.

Deshmukh, who filed two separate pleas before the trial court through his advocate Inderpal Singh, said he was a native of Nagpur and has deep family roots there, apart from being the elected representative of an Assembly constituency in Nagpur district. In his plea, Deshmukh stated that he also needed to visit New Delhi to meet his lawyers. 

Special judge RN Rokade sought a response from the ED and CBI and adjourned the matter to February 6.

Also read: Not a populist but a fiscal consolidation budget: CAMIT Chief Dr Dipen Agrawal

Continue Reading

Crime

Moscow-Goa flight with 240 passengers on board diverted amid bomb threat; 2nd incident in two weeks

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Panaji
A Goa-bound chartered flight (AZV2463) operated by Azur Air from Russian capital Moscow revived a bomb threat.

Representational image

After authorities at Dabolim Airport received an email that claimed that a Goa-bound chartered flight (AZV2463) operated by Azur Air from Russian capital Moscow with 240 passengers on board had a bomb. Cops said the flight was diverted to Uzbekistan in the wee hours of Saturday.

A senior police official said the flight was scheduled to land at the Dabolim airport in South Goa at 4:15 am. He said the flight was diverted before it entered the Indian air space.

He said, “It was diverted after an email was received at 12.30 am by the Dabolim airport director that mentioned about a bomb being planted on the plane,” the official said.

However, this is not the first incident; nearly two weeks before, a same airline’s Moscow-Goa bound flight made an emergency landing at Gujarat’s Jamnagar airport following a bomb threat.

The plane, which had made an emergency landing, had 236 passengers aboard. A statement by the Russian Embassy read, “The Embassy was alerted by the Indian authorities about the alleged bomb scare on the Azur Air flight en route from Moscow to Goa. The aircraft has made an emergency landing at Jamnagar Indian Air Force Base. Everyone on board is safe. The authorities are conducting a thorough inspection of the aircraft.”

Continue Reading

Crime

Nagpur Police to interrogate 5 men who were in touch with main suspect | Nitin Gadkari threat call case

Published

on

By

Radhika Dhawad | Nagpur
Nagpur Police would be questioning five people all of whom were in touch with the main suspect Jayesh Pujari who threatened Nitin Gadkari.

Nitin Gadkari

Nagpur Police would be recording the statements of five people all of whom were in touch with the main suspect and notorious gangster Jayesh Pujari – who allegedly made three threat calls to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari. 

Nagpur Police will interrogate the five in question at Belagavi and their statement will be recorded under section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC). The CrPC section 164 deals with recording of statements and confessions at any stage before the commencement of an enquiry or trial. Also, statements made before a magistrate under the section is admissible during a trial.

All the five men are residents of Karnataka who were contacted by Pujari from the same mobile phone that the latter had to use make the alleged threat call to the senior BJP leader. 

However, Pujari, a native of Mangaluru, who has denied his involvement in the case, was sentenced to death by a court in a murder case in the past. 

Nagpur Police said as per Call Detail Record (CDR) of the number that was used to threaten Gadkari, Pujari had made phone calls to the five men who are now in soup.

Pujari had allegedly threatened to kill Nitin Gadkari by making the three threat calls illegally using a cellphone while he was lodged in Belgaum Jail at Karnataka.

Pujari, claiming to speak on behalf of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, allegedly threatened to kill Gadkari in an explosion if he didn’t pay him ₹100 crore. Nagpur Police said, “He threatened to harm the minister with a bomb if his demand is not met. The caller also shared his mobile number and the address in Karnataka where he said the money must be sent.”

The caller did the same though a phone call on the landline number of his Public Relations Office (PRO) at Khamla in Nagpur (around one kilometre away from his residence) at 11:25 am, 11:32 am, and 12:30 pm on Saturday, January 14. 

The employees of the office alerted the police after the threat call, where in the caller also threatened to blow up Gadkari’s office. Nagpur Police immediately beefed up the security outside Gadkari’s office and residence. 

In 2016, Pujari had even escaped after breaking the jail. The gangster, in the past too, had threatened several senior officers and other people in a similar manner. 

Also read: Congress spokesperson quits ahead of Bharat Jodo Yatra’s last leg in Kashmir

Continue Reading
Advertisement
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x