Nagpur Spirits Round Table 258 (NSRT 258) had a change of guard during its 7th Annual General Meeting held in Goa recently. Ankush Gopalani took the charge as the chairman for the year 2022-2023 from Rohit Buty who was the chairman for the year 2021-2022. Other members in the upcoming headboard include: Kshitiz Agrawal as Vice Chairman, Vishesh Agrawal as the Secretary and Saheb Alag as the Treasurer.
During his speech, Buty presented the annual report of the work done in the previous year. Buty informed that the highlight of the year was joint community service by all the Nagpur Tables and Ladies Circle including:
- Old Age Home Visit & Musical Program with donation of 200Kg Supplies.
- I-CARE Kits Distribution comprising of 3 months of essential supplies & personal hygiene items to children who lost both their parents to COVID-19.
- Library Setup & Stationary donation to children at Chitnavis Trust.
- Interaction with Specially Abled Children and donation of supplies.
- Organising visit to indoor play areas ‘Topsy Turvey’ & ‘Fun Factory’ for more than 100+ underprivileged children.
- Donation of expensive essential medical supplies to LGBTQ Community.
- Construction of Toilet Block at Chitnavis Wada.
- Distribution of 400+ Packets of Boost in collaboration with Hindustan Unilever to underprivileged children across various slum areas and trusts in Nagpur.
- Donation of Rs. 25,000/- as Martyr Grant to a financially stressed family in Betul who lost their son in Operation Rakshak in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Limb Donation of a prosthetic leg to a financially backward beneficiary.
- Donation of 100+ winter wear essentials to NMC “Garbage Collectors” across Nagpur.
- Organising a Musical Night for 60+ orphans with distribution of meals.
- Association with cricketer Brett Lee for endorsing the works done by Round Table India, Nagpur Spirits Round Table & Nagpur Ladies Circle via video on social media.
During the AGM, Buty presented awards and appreciations to – Vishesh Agrawal (Overall Table Contribution), Sagar Maheshwari (Rising Star), Saheb Alag (Rising Star), Sanket Agrawal (Fellowship King), Ritesh Saraf (Table Mentor), Isha Agrawal (All Round Community Service), Dakshaja Buty (Creative), Pooja Agrawal (LAPD) and others among others for fantastic work done throughout the past year.
The AGM was attended by MBRT 313 Chairman – Kevin Jacob, Past Table Headboard Members & now Square Legs – Samir Agrawal, Amit Khemka, Roshan Saraf and Siddharth Saraf and other active NSRT-258 Tablers including – Kunal Agrawal, Narayan Rathi, Sahil Shah, Vipul Choudhary, Pratik Kedia and Dhiraj Agrawal.
Round Table India is a young men’s organisation aimed at promoting community service and goodwill in national and international affairs. Round table is present in 67 countries worldwide with over 65,000 members. Round Table India has more than 320 Tables (chapters) located in 95 plus cities and towns. Round Table India is a zero overhead organisation and therefore every rupee raised by the organisation goes purely into charitable projects and this year as well Nagpur Spirits Round Table 258 will continue its work towards any and all such projects.
September 30, 2022 | Nagpur News | नागपुर समाचार | Hindi News Bulletin | Nation Next
Nagpur citizens to revel The Raaas Garba next year!
Since The Raaas enchanted and enthralled Nagpur with its quality garba in its first year in 2018, the demand for encore has been reverberating the city. To cater to the huge public demand, the organisers of the king of garbas have decided to continue The Raaas next year on. Like its first year, The Raaas Garba will be presented to Nagpur in association with Nation Next in 2023. Mahesh Kukreja, the key organiser said, “Because of some reasons, we, earlier, thought of giving the event a break.”
He added, “Then COVID-19 struck the world. Now we plan to continue it from next year onwards. While I express my gratitude to Nagpurians to make the event a huge hit, I request the city’s garba revellers to not get fooled as a few garbas are falsely claiming to be The Raaas. We’ll be back next year for sure!”